Peter Latte King's 5 year draft analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Latte King's 5 year draft analysis

Tazzed from the other board, this is one of King's less annoying pieces.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/w ... 6/19/mmqb/

I'm surprised our spotty 2001 draft nets him a C and middle of the pack ahead of New England who got Seymour out of that draft, though I think there's no disputing we did the best of our division in one of the most bust-heavy drafts of the past 7 years.

I hope he does this next Summer, where unless all our DBs leave in free agency or freak injury, we should get a solid 'A' even with all the 20/20 hindsight.

Well heck, I'll just Taz my own response from the other board.

After two great drafts in his first two years (6 decent-to-great starters, two All-Pros), 2001 was Reid's first draft stumble. It wasn't all his fault - Burgess and Buckhalter were fantastic picks undone by injuries - and Feeley both played well and then turned into Reggie Brown. But overall an unimpressive showing before the sensational 2002 draft and the brutal 2003.

Comment

Re: Peter Latte King's 5 year draft analysis

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
      Tazzed from the other board....
      LOL. That's up there with "Munsoned".

I don't disagree with it, but I think he could've mentioned turning Feeley into a 2nd.
      Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

Comment

Working...
      X