5 PreSeason Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 PreSeason Games

Last year 4 teams played 5 Pre-Season games (like we will this year)

Dolphins (1-4 Preseason / 9-7 regular)
    Colts (0-5 / 14-2 )
    Bears (3-2 / 11-5)
    Falcons (4-1 / 8-

discuss

At first glance, the more you bust a gut on five games in the preseason, the more worn down your players are, and the worse you do in the season. Sorta like the effect that the Olympic games are having on the National Hockey League.

Hey, if it means that we see a lot of Timmy Chang at QB and Jeremy Bloom at WR this preseason, I won't complain! Why not let the bottom part of the roster get work!
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

A non issue, but it does give the new, and bubble guys a longer look outside of the practice field. Reid will still baby his important players and limit their action. That said 5 games of pre season NFL football is probably 3 too many. I'd go with a controlled scrimmage for the 1st action against another team, then two actual games. But the money shrivels up, and that's why there are so many games of really bad football.
      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

I expect us to really suck this Pre-Season because we will hold back players.

much like people wondered what was wrong with the Colts in the pre-season last year.......I expect people to really pile on us and make more out of the pre-season by coupling it with the team's window being shut and TO being the cause.

Man, I can't wait for September 10th!

Comment

I hate having 5 preseason games. Hell, 4 is too many for me. Just more opportunites for guys to get hurt in fake games that don't mean $hit.

We've seen it before, as far as what we're going to see. They will run the most vanilla offense and defense as is humanly possible, and hopefully they'll give the starters a quarter of work or so, unless they show that they need more. We've been maintaining that we have a pretty deep roster, and some good eepth, especially along the lines, so it will be interesting to see how the backups, and bubble guys look.

I still freakin hate it though.

Comment

All it really amounts to is a whole extra quarter of work for anybody important. There certainly was nothing in last year's examples to suggest a pattern. Not to worry, just enjoy all the extra playing time for Calvin Armstrong and Michael Gasperson.

Comment

Re: 5 PreSeason Games

Originally posted by dawkins20

Colts (0-5 / 14-2 )
              Bears (3-2 / 11-5)
              Falcons (4-1 / 8-

discuss
              All I get out of this is that the Eagles have a 1-in-4 chance of finishing with a smilie-face amount of losses.

Comment

I don't want to see mcnabb and westbrook at all in 3 of the games.

Comment

I hate the fake phony exhibition games.

Said it for years, any more than 2 is nothing more than $$$$$ for the teams.

I'm all for one scrimmage and one fake phony game----- all the rest is garbage.

Comment

Re: 5 PreSeason Games

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
                    Originally posted by dawkins20

Colts (0-5 / 14-2 )
                    Bears (3-2 / 11-5)
                    Falcons (4-1 / 8-

discuss
                    All I get out of this is that the Eagles have a 1-in-4 chance of finishing with a smilie-face amount of losses.

I guess if you do 8-8 followed by a ) at the end...it gives you a smilie

that's OK, the world could use more smilies

DOH!

Comment

Well considering they ususally suck every preseason ANYWAY, I'd expect the same. Real vanilla game planning, lots of penalties, and lots of backups playing major minutes.

Comment

It gives the coaching staff a real good look at rookies and 2nd year men. I'm not concerned with potential injuries as the Eagles seem to have a larger than usual number of players this summer. This team has alot of questions on the Oline an LB. I look forward to the preseason.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This is bad for the veterans, but good for younger players to get more time to prove themselves (McCoy, GoCong, etc). It gives the coaching staff an extra game to evaluate camp battles. The bad news, of course, is more risk of injury. Yes, I would expect less starters playing in the preseason.

Comment

(8- shouldn't get a smile over the other records.

We really have a lot of O linemen and Lbers battling. Then there is the battle for FB and backup DB's. There are abunch of look-a-likes at WR. This extra game gives an extra 3-4 quaters for these guys to prove they belong. It will really help Gacong, Bunkley and Justice learn fast.

I sure hope it helps McCoy.
                            Pedro

Comment

i thought i heard an anecdote from didinger one time that they used to not have a limit on how many you could have in camp and there used to be teams with a ton of players in there?
                              Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Working...
                              X