Trouble on the horizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble on the horizon?

It looks like that Mickey Mouse revenue sharing plan is going to be a problem. This is too long to copy-here's the link:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/a ... the_blame/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Thanks for the reading material. I'm sure some aren't going to be happy with the rev plan, at least at the outset. If things work the first couple of years they (and by may I mean those owers who opposed it) may back off a little but if it hurts their bottom line they will be back at it in short order. No one should ever doubt that there are some owners who are more about their bottom line than the leagues bottom line, and to some extent that is understandable.
    Another little blurb late in the article lends support to one of MD's issues---the CBA isn't going to allow teams to recoup near what they could in years past.....

........."According to Browns general manager Phil Savage, for example, if the new rules were in effect a year ago, Cleveland could only have recouped $1.95 million rather than the $10 million it could have taken back had it chosen to."
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Good piece, 60. Man, the Skins are making out like bandits! I wonder how many coaches the Eagles have on staff in comparison?

I thought the teams were paying out a percentage to the player pool, but it sounds like a flat amount, which just doesn't work. Or are they reffering to the fact that the cap figure is derived from a set figure per team, and therfore the payout per team is a lesser percentage for the big market guys like DC? This crap's confusing...
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

These problems being caused be th e"new" agreement are really the same problems that have always been there... the new agreement only postponed the problem and it didn't solve it.......... that's why I was pissed last year when they ame up with the compromise rather then tackle the issues and resolve them long term.

Everybody was all grins and giggles when the agreement was reached, myself included, till after I read the actual results of the compromise.

It was only a band aid.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          These problems being caused be th e"new" agreement are really the same problems that have always been there... the new agreement only postponed the problem and it didn't solve it.......... that's why I was pissed last year when they ame up with the compromise rather then tackle the issues and resolve them long term.

Everybody was all grins and giggles when the agreement was reached, myself included, till after I read the actual results of the compromise.

It was only a band aid.
          Hey MDFan,

I was one of the posters that question your sourness with the labor agreeement and wonder if you would have been happy with a shutdown.

However, as I read articles like this and others, I am understanding your pessimism a bit more and agree that the solution in place is a short term one. So I state my mea culpa to you.

I am still left to ponder, what is the best solution/option that can be achieved without going to a scorched earth (no slaray cap or stoppage of the season) policy?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
            Originally posted by MDFAN

It was only a band aid.
            Hey MDFan,

I was one of the posters that question your sourness with the labor agreeement and wonder if you would have been happy with a shutdown.

However, as I read articles like this and others, I am understanding your pessimism a bit more and agree that the solution in place is a short term one. So I state my mea culpa to you.

I am still left to ponder, what is the best solution/option that can be achieved without going to a scorched earth (no slaray cap or stoppage of the season) policy?
            Hey yourself ED,,

I dunno what the ultimate solution is, but I thought the owners had enough leverage last time to make it happen...... but the owners themselves are now creating their own catch 22.

IMO, this agreement does nothing more than allow the smaller market teams and larger market teams to harden their positions for the next go round.

Comment

Working...
            X