Wanting Some Football News.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting Some Football News.......

I went to PhiladelphiaEagles.com to the one on one interviews. One thing constantly getting mention is how quick the team is right now. You watch some of the guys in training and it's amazing the speed they are moving at. I saw one shot of McDougle along side of Rayburn. They look like they are almost the same size,but Rayburn is 40 lBs. heavier . Jerome looks freaking huge for 260lbs. If you want to feel good about the state of Eagles football, go through the video list.Sorry, but the most recent video clip is Josh Parry.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

You do realize that Rayburn bulked up into the 330s three years ago and has played at that weight ever since.

Comment

On the roster they still have him at 303 and looking at him on that clip,there's no way he's 330.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I asked Spads recently why their numbers on the roster don't reflect the weights that he and the players discuss during their articles. His answer was that he has to use the official numbers given him by the media group. I suspect there is some method to their phony number madness. Rayburn has repeatedly said that he plays over 330. Here is an article with his quotes from 04. (I know I saw one or two more during 05 with the same reference from him as well.) Sorry I don't have time to search the Eagles board to find them.

http://www.footballstories.com/articles ... ?ArtID=261

"Rayburn spent the off-season adding more muscle to his 6-foot-3 frame. "I'm a little bit heavier this year as opposed to last year, weighing about 335 pounds as opposed to 315 pounds last season," Rayburn said. "I feel faster and understand the techniques better within the position. The increased weight will give me a better chance of standing up against the offensive linemen because they'll be weighing around the same range."

Allow me to edit in one more excerpt for those who do not understand just HOW STRONG Rayburn really is:

"He registered an outstanding 960-pound squat (using a safety bar) his senior year as a defensive tackle for the Golden Hurricanes. The lift is easily one of the biggest squats in the history of the sport of football – at any level.

“My strength has always been my biggest asset,” Rayburn said in a recent phone interview. “Without it I don’t think I would have made it on this team.”

"Rayburn also reports he has hit a 540-pound bench press raw (without the use of a bench shirt or other lifting equipment) and a 38-repetition bench press turn of 225 pounds."

Comment

I have no idea what Rayburn's weight is, but I can tell you that listed weights mean less than nothing in the NFL. A lot of them are probably still from the combine!

Comment

Dutch,
            As our elderstateman for weightlifting, could you take on the job of being our stats man for the playa's weightlifthing acheivements? I would love to see how that line does as a group. I know we have a bunch of guys who were near 40 reps of 225 in their combine workout. It is just hard for me to remember who.
            Pedro

Comment

Working...
            X