The new guys from the Carter/Richards deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new guys from the Carter/Richards deals

Man, these four guys look good so far, I know it's only preseason.

-- Simmonds is just a beast. Great size and speed, hard to knock off the puck, drives hard to the net for deflections. He drops the gloves, scores goals. Just like Rick Tocchet used to. It won't take long for him to become a fan favorite. Should also help speed Hartnell's ticket out of town, hopefully.

-- Voracek also looks primed for a big year. The knock on him was conditioning, but he's newly dedicated over the summer to getting in shape. Great creativity on the puck, he will make you forget Ville Leino in a hurry. He will slide right on the Briere-Hartnell line.

-- Schenn is probably the least impressive of the four guys so far, but he looks tough on the puck, strong on draws, ready for the NHL. I'm not at all worried about the third line, he and Simmonds should be a nice pairing there. Don't know who the third guy will be yet.

-- Couturier has been a revelation. I figured this guy would look too weak and scrawny to be a real factor in camp this year, but he is very, very good. Still a little scrawny, he's only 18 playing against men. But he's very responsible defensively and will be an outstanding two-way center in the NHL. Has great vision. I think he makes the team out of camp and gets a 10-game tryout before going back for a final year of junior hockey.

I don't miss Carter and Richards at all with these four guys replacing them. Richards a little bit. But I'm glad that floater Carter is gone. He's already got a sore foot in Columbus.
    Last edited by Leonard Tose; 09-23-2011, 02:17 PM.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Did you see someone threw a banana at Simmonds in Canada last game? Unreal.

Comment

I havent seen any games yet, but I'm glad your optimistic LT

Even if only one pan out, i'm still not going to shed a tear over losing Carter/Richards

Comment

Working...
      X