• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw Burrell

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/15177705.htm

i duno
    seems shady to me
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Paul Hagen unlike some other writers will not just write something to stir the pot. If he uses that headline - I believe he has the integrity to believe him.

Comment

Don't blame Burrell, blame Wade. He gave him the no-trade clause. If Pat likes it here in Philly and doesn't want to relocate to Baltimore, i can't be angry with him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
          Don't blame Burrell, blame Wade. He gave him the no-trade clause. If Pat likes it here in Philly and doesn't want to relocate to Baltimore, i can't be angry with him for that.
          I don't necessarily agree. You are being paid a ton. Your employer doesn't want you anymore. He's offering you a chance to make the exact same $ somewhat close to where you live now. So take the opportunity and move on with a fresh start.

Comment

'Close to where you work now' is a relative term. Baltimore is too far to commute from Philly/So. Jersey, so it requires a wholesale 'relocation', which is a headache that most people try and avoid at all costs.

Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
              I don't necessarily agree. You are being paid a ton. Your employer doesn't want you anymore. He's offering you a chance to make the exact same $ somewhat close to where you live now. So take the opportunity and move on with a fresh start.
              What? no way. "close to where you live now" is not "where you live now". This happens all the time here in SF. A smaller company makes it big and decides they need to move down to the peninsula to get bigger offices. That's even less a distance than it is from philly to baltimore and a lot of the employees tell them to pound sand. hey, if you have the power like burrell does, why not exercise it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                hey, if you have the power like burrell does, why not exercise it.
                Because you are the next villified player in a tough market. Baltimore is a walk in the park vs. Philly when it comes to how their athletes are treated. With Abreu & Bell gone and Lieby gone at season's end, who's th next target? Give you one guess.

And one other thing - I understand Burrell exercising - doesn't mean I like it or that fans shouldn't have issue with him over it. When does being selfish get you rewarded from the fans?

Comment

What about the fans that WANT their players to want to play and live in Philly and value that loyalty?

Comment

What about the fans that WANT their players to want to play and live in Philly and value that loyalty?
                    OK - well Abreu, Bell & Burrell all want to stay. Maybe we can see if Paul Abbott wants to come back and hang out!

Comment

I'm not a huge Burrell fan, but we could do worse for a left fielder. Obviously he's overpaid, but so are lots of players. I can live w/ Burrell. At least he gives you some power and reasonable protection for Howard.

Comment

how dare pat want to stay?
                        Huge Tiny Mistake

Comment

Originally posted by pacino
                          how dare pat want to stay?
                          EXACTLY!

Comment

Burrell's foot apparently is even worse and no one knows what the problem is.

That is a bit disturbing to me. My dream is that his foot gets better and he turns into that .290 hitter with 35+ HRs and 130+ RBIs type guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Webb
                              Burrell's foot apparently is even worse and no one knows what the problem is.

That is a bit disturbing to me. My dream is that his foot gets better and he turns into that .290 hitter with 35+ HRs and 130+ RBIs type guy.
                              lol

thats a nice dream

and lieber will be a 3.20 ERA guy who goes 17-7

and Nunez will bat .300 for the season next year
                              Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Working...
                              X