What's The Average Age Group In Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Average Age Group In Here?

I'll wager that 80% of the members in here are too young to remember the Flyers last cup back in 75.

This organization wasted a lot of time, money, and the fan's patience with an owner who held a tremendous amount of debt and gratitude to a former player who made him a ton of money with those two back to back cups in 74 and 75 with him being Ed Snyder and him being Bobby Clarke.

But I remember when the Spectrum held a little over fourteen thousand fans before they added the upper tier and I also remember players like John Gee Gendron and the Hillman brothers, Dougie Favell, and Bruce Gambel.

I certainly am not as old as many on here but I was in the barracks in 74 and there was a guy from NC in there that didn't know anything about hockey. I was all over the Flyers back then and before it was all said and done he became a die hard hockey fan. Loved the broad street bullies and Kate Smith and kicking Russian ass.
    Of course being in the military we moved on but I saw him a number of years later and he was an Atlanta fan (the flames had moved there). Not sure now but I'd bet a buck he is still a hockey fan converted be the Flyers of the seventies
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I remember watching the Flyers with my dad and Kate singing God Bless America . I was 11-12 at the time.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
      X