Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Impact Rookies

Guys,

I'm in a keeper league and I'm looking for a rookie that I can draft after the 3'rd round but can contribute this year. I'm hoping to get a win win, contribute for this year but be a huge contribitor for years to come.

So far I can only figure:

-Eli Manning
    -Roy Williams (Joey Harrington is getting better)

Thoughts?

Larry Fitzgerald?

I think Eli Manning will be good but man is this ever a crap shoot. What do you guys think of drafting for the future? What round is it time to start drafting with an eye toward the keeper leagues?

I'm thinking post 8th. You got your core lineup already. Time to take a chance.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Ever since guys like Shockey, Portis, Charles Rogers, etc. have come into the league you're seeing these rookies fly off the shelf as early as the 5th round. If you want in, you gotta take the risk and go earlier than you think you should.

I think you will see someone grab Kellen Winslow II in the 5th or 6th. I wouldn't pick him on principal alone. What kind of an a-hole continues to act so pissed about playing in Cleveland, a storied football town? Stop crying Mr. "Soldier" and just get ready to play.

I digressed a little.

Comment

If you are looking for a rookie to come in and contribute this year go with a RB. That is the fastest position for rookies to get a handle on. I would NOT go with a rookie QB or rookie WR for contributions for this year. I think that round 3 is WAY TO EARLY for a crap shoot pick, there are still too many proven stud / almost studs available.

I would look at who Dallas drafted and possible someone like Chris Brown (don't know if Eddie will be back and he has been in the system 2 yrs now) or possibly Lamont Jordan in New York (the only problem is that Curtis is such a warrior). Maybe take your pick with the Browns 2 backs to see who is going to start. If thier passing game gets better, it should open up the running game more.

I am a proponant of the theory that you will not win your league in the first 4-5 rounds, but you can surely lose it there with unproven reaches.
        I would have my starting QB, both RB (if you start 2) all starting WR's (basically all my main starters not counting K, D and TE) before I even think of a rookie. I would even wait then because you will most likely need a quality back up for your starting RB and also for the WR position.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X