MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP

I just wanted to know who everyone thinks should be the MVP so far??? And by MVP I don't mean who had the best season. I mean who has carried their team and been the main cog in their success. I don't wanna post mine yet, I just wanna see if anyone else would come up with him before I bring him to attention.
    http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Daunte Culpepper

Obviously. He going to go for like 5,000 yards and 50 TD's.
    I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

Comment

Ya, if Culpepper keeps this up, it has to be him.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB
        If he pulls those numbers and makes the playoffs...sure there is a case for him to be MVP...a BIG case.

BUT...if he puts up those numbers and the Vikes pull another EGG like last season, i doubt there is a case to be made for MVP.

MVP means that wthout that player the team would be paddling up sh!ts creek. If with the player who is MVP worthy they are still paddling up sh!ts creek, then without him they would still be paddling up sh!ts creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokar
          If he pulls those numbers and makes the playoffs...sure there is a case for him to be MVP...a BIG case.

BUT...if he puts up those numbers and the Vikes pull another EGG like last season, i doubt there is a case to be made for MVP.

MVP means that wthout that player the team would be paddling up sh!ts creek. If with the player who is MVP worthy they are still paddling up sh!ts creek, then without him they would still be paddling up sh!ts creek.
          That's one reason why I wouldn't put Culpepper in there just yet. But you can't really put anyone in there just yet, as anyone could go on a disastrous slide just like last years Vikings. 6-0 and then they miss the playoffs. Also, you could attribute Culpepper's numbers to Randy Moss being the main WR to be catching his balls. But, if Moss misses this week and he still lights it up then I would probably give him the nod for front-runner right now.

But as for my pick, right now I would have to say Curtis Martin. He has been tearin up the league and the Jets would be nowhere without him. But they will probably give it to Culpepper. Just like last year when they gave it to Manning and McNair. I still stick to my opinion that it should have been Jamal Lewis who was MVP. He was the Ravens offense, not just some part.
          http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Just because he doesn't make the playoffs, doesn't mean he's not the MVP. I suppose you object to Barry Bonds winning the MVP in baseball this year?

Comment

The MVP, especially as a QB, should take his team to the playoffs. This is a must.
              Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Just because he doesn't make the playoffs, doesn't mean he's not the MVP. I suppose you object to Barry Bonds winning the MVP in baseball this year?
                1) tell me who was a better choice
                2) the Giants were in the running for the WC...and very close to it.
                3) without bonds you might as well subtract 40 wins and put them in the loss column.

Comment

This is a moot point anyways, if Culpepper plays well enough to win the MVP, they'll make the playoffs. If he doesn't, then they won't. The Vikings aren't going anywhere without him at the top of his game.

Comment

Working...
                  X