LMAO
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

he did a nice job.

Eaton's performance really draws the contrast that could give the Phils the edge against the Mets this year. Oliver Perez sucks. El Duque and Glavine are ancient. Maine is nothing special. and the Met bullpen is hardly formidable, especially without Sanchez.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

LT, that's true, but the Phils need to take advantage of that by hitting with RISP which they still aren't doing. I do commend them for taking the walks last night. That's tons better than striking out all the time.
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

In terms of walks - the emergence of Rollins and his taking pitches will pay huge dividends for the team over the course of the season.

To put this into perspective - Rollins has 8 walks in 8 games this year. Rollins in '06 didn't have his 8th walk until April 30th (23rd game) and in '05 it was May 3rd (27th game of the season). He's only hitting .250 right now but his OBP is .415. With this lineup - if he could ever keep that OBP figure up there - he might have one of the most prolific years for a leadoff guy ever considering SBs and runs scored.

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
            LT, that's true, but the Phils need to take advantage of that by hitting with RISP which they still aren't doing. I do commend them for taking the walks last night. That's tons better than striking out all the time.

they led the league in runs scored last year, i'm pretty sure they'll pick it up as the weather gets warmer.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
              In terms of walks - the emergence of Rollins and his taking pitches will pay huge dividends for the team over the course of the season.

To put this into perspective - Rollins has 8 walks in 8 games this year. Rollins in '06 didn't have his 8th walk until April 30th (23rd game) and in '05 it was May 3rd (27th game of the season). He's only hitting .250 right now but his OBP is .415. With this lineup - if he could ever keep that OBP figure up there - he might have one of the most prolific years for a leadoff guy ever considering SBs and runs scored.

i drool at the prospect of Jimmy Rollins having a .400 OBP. this team will score tons of runs if that happens.

of course, they've got to get rowand's very slow bat out of the lineup. i'm still hopeful Gillick will swing a deal for a RF or move Rowand for relief help.

Comment

Rowand is batting .296 right now. He's fine.
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

He won't be over the course of the season IMO. He has a huge hole in his swing.

Comment

"of course, they've got to get rowand's very slow bat out of the lineup. i'm still hopeful Gillick will swing a deal for a RF or move Rowand for relief help. "

I'm surprised Rowand hasn't gone to court to get a TRO (temporary restraining order) against you for your stalking.

Comment

he stinks. he got a nice 2b last night to score a run, but you and I could hit the terrible Aaron Sele.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                        "of course, they've got to get rowand's very slow bat out of the lineup. i'm still hopeful Gillick will swing a deal for a RF or move Rowand for relief help. "

I'm surprised Rowand hasn't gone to court to get a TRO (temporary restraining order) against you for your stalking.

funny stuff, MD.

this guy needs to be moved, pronto. and not just because he's terrible, which he is. They've got 3 CF's on the team in Rowand, Victorino and Bourn. they need a slugging corner OF. at the very least, they need to have Victorino or Bourn in CF and Jayson Werth in RF. Rowand is gumming up the works by forcing Manuel to play 2 CF's.

Comment

Man, You're obsessed, Rowand isn't the biggest problem this team has and he isn't even on the radar as reason they are 2 and 6.

"Rowand is gumming up the works by forcing Manuel to play 2 CF's. "

Umm, since when does Rowand get to make out the lineup cards? All he does is go out an play when and where he is told to, no?

I guess I just don't understand the level of hatred. Now after 80 games and he is hitting .247 and all the other stats are off, then great, I could understand.

((Disclaimer #1, I'm not a member of the Rowand Fan Club nor saying Rowand is HOF, but right now this level of disdain just seems a bit over the top/un warranted)

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                            "Rowand is gumming up the works by forcing Manuel to play 2 CF's. "

You're right, I phrased that badly. Of course, Rowand is not making out the lineup card. But Manuel and the Phillies tend to stick with their veterans, sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Last year, it was Tim Worrell who had to literally beg out of the lineup and leave the team for personal reasons in order for Manuel to stop using him in the 8th inning. I fear that Rowand will be this year's Tim Worrell.

Obviously, the bullpen is probably the biggest problem this team had in the first 7 games. But Rowand could fix that by bringing us a reliever in a trade.

They really do have a problem with Victorino over in RF. that's a position where you've got to have some power. Victorino is a better CF than Rowand, IMO (although I think Bourn may be better than both of them). The lineup will look much better when there is a solid corner OF manning RF instead of three CF's on the roster.

I don't hate Rowand, he seems quite likable. I don't like that he is overrated in the estimation of many Philly fans because of his "hustle" and "grit." He is a mediocre hitter whose bat looks very slow so far this year. Plus, his defense is highly overrated. That noodle arm of his reminds me of Dykstra.

i appreciate that he ran through a wall to make a catch. i dont appreciate that he almost killed Chase Utley last year.

Comment

"But Rowand could fix that by bringing us a reliever in a trade. "

No, Rowand can't do any thing about that.

I think your anger seems to be misplaced, I think (just my read) your angry at the Phils for not stocking their lineup the way you personally want them to, but that ain't on Rowand.

And again I don't think it's Rowands job to "ask" out of the lineup, in fact , IMO, not sure I want him on my team if that was to be his approach.

I only broach this topic with you as that it seems, just my recollection, that almost every post you have made you have singled out and dissed Rowand, hey maybe your not even aware, I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                              X