X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Card Preview: Rams at Seahawks

Wild Card Weekend Preview

St. Louis at Seattle, 4:30 ET ABC

In Saturday’s match-up between the Rams and the Seahawks, the key to Seattle’s victory will be the man with a knife in his back, the second leading rusher in the NFL, Shaun Alexander. The halfback is averaging 161 yards per game against the raging heard this season. But the loads will not all have to be on Alexander for Seattle to win since in the second half, QB Matt Hasselbeck has thrown for 14 of his 22 touchdowns in the second half of this season. The one way that St. Louis can win this game is if Marc Bulger can throw deep on Seattle’s secondary. This season, Bulger has thrown for 591 yards in two games. Mike Martz has to stay away from every running play he has in his playbook because Marshal Faulk is just terrible this year, and Steven Jackson is good for a rookie, but has no playoff experience. Even though Seattle has lost both of their games against St. Louis this season, including giving up a 27 point lead in Week 5, I see the Seahawks winning their first playoff game in 19 years and Mike Holmgren getting his first postseason win as Seattle’s head coach. It will be close, like 21-14, with Shaun Alexander going for 140 yards and two touchdowns

Even though I want the seahawks to win, I pretty sure the rams are going to take this one.
    Hawaii's #1 Jaguar Fan

Comment

Working...
    X