No announcement yet.

Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock - I've just discovered Alt-J and shared it with Vin. Have you listened to them? Sounds like a group you might eat up.

Comment

• Steve, someone just posted the vinyl rip of Alt-J. I will have to give it a listen! Thanks for the tip!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Here is my top 10 of the year:

10) Tame Impala - Lonerism
        9) Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
        8 ) Sigur Ros - Valtari
        7) Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan
        6) Japandroids - Celebration Rock
        5) Beach House - Bloom
        4) Divine Fits - A Thing Called Divine Fits
        3) Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
        2) Grizzly Bear - Shields
        1) Alt J - An Awesome Wave

Comment

• I've been obsessed with this song lately. The video is crazy too.

Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            Here is my top 10 of the year:

10) Tame Impala - Lonerism
            9) Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
            8 ) Sigur Ros - Valtari
            7) Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan
            6) Japandroids - Celebration Rock
            5) Beach House - Bloom
            4) Divine Fits - A Thing Called Divine Fits
            3) Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
            2) Grizzly Bear - Shields
            1) Alt J - An Awesome Wave
            I would move japandroids up to #3 now. Great album.

Comment

• I've been listening to Radiohead at Bonnaroo constantly.

Comment

• stock - we've talked Local Natives in the past. I'm digging their newest LP (yep, I said LP even though I don't own a single record).

Comment

• I can't stop listening to Django Django.

Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• It took me awhile but I've finally embraced Philly's own Kurt Vile. His new album "Walkin on a Pretty Daze" is really fantastic. I'm starting to dig in on his older stuff now. Dude is a prolific songwriter. He has put out a lot of material in a short amount of time.

Comment

• Watching Palladia channel and the Eric Claptons Crossroads Music Festival......WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! 2,3,4 and sometimes more of the Guitar Gods on stage at the same time. Jeff Beck,Buddy Guy,Robbie Robertson,Robert Cray, B.B. King,Jimmie Vaughn,etc . etc.

If you like guitar it's some good shit. Repeating this afternoon on VH1 6 hrs of jams
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• "Reflektor" from Arcade Fire is fantastic. It took me awhile to warm to it because it is such a departure for them but now that I have the ear for it, it's a tremendous accomplishment in my book.

Comment

• Top 10 for 2013 (as of now bc now that I'm reading all these top 10 lists, I'm going back and exploring more):

10) Local Natives - Hummingbird
                          9) Jason Isbell - Southeastern
                          8 ) Haim - Days are Gone
                          7) Volcano Choir - Repave
                          6) Phoenix - Bankrupt!
                          5) The National - Trouble Will Find Me
                          4) Palma Violets - 180
                          3) Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze
                          2) Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
                          1) Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Comment

• Steve, an extensive list (as always). I can't get past the first song (Reflektor) on the Arcade Fire album - They could have eliminated at least three minutes from the song. The pretentiousness of that band ruins the music for me. I was also let down by the Phoenix album - nothing stood out for me.

Anyway, I'd like to add the following to your list:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
                            Minor Alps - Get There
                            Atoms for Peace - Amok
                            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• stock - Reflektor takes a good 6 or 7 listens to get into it but once it hits you, it's fantastic. Have you given the rest a chance? Reflektor is one of my least favorite songs on the album.

I love the Daft Punk/Panda Bear tune.

Comment

• good jam

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                X