The Philaphans Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP-

I remember Eric mentioning something about that. Thanks so much, we appreciate all the support!
    http://www.phansforhope.org

Comment

• No thanks...Just like to see Jeff's name continue on and know you guys are devoted to it.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• Ashley-

I am very glad you are here. I, for one, never wanted to leave Philaphans and held out for a long time waiting for decisions to be made and things to improve, but it still has not happened...I became a lightning rod for a certain gaggle of posters there and realized nothing was going to be done to stop their attacks besides resigning as a mod and leaving...so that is what I did. Others have similar stories or just got sick and tired of the chaos and stagnation..

I know what Barry went through and I did have sympathy and empathy for him for a long time...but his actions and hypocrisy forced me to leave IMO and his personal insults of me after I left which continue to this day have not helped...it is going to take me a while to even think about communicating with him. I have recently gone back to see how the boards are doing, but they seem the same IMO. I hope Philaphans does turn around, but the illusion that will be achieved without making changes, creating a civil community, having rules and holding people accountable is going to make that hard IMO.

I have spoken with Eric and plan to be involved with Phans for Hope again this year. It is a great cause, a great legacy for Jeff and something I like helping out with.
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• It's sad what happened over there.

60 & I have been talking for a while about how bad that board has gotten.

I want to thank SF/MD, and whoever else hooked this up. We know who the troublemakers are, and obviously, they shouldn't be invited.

To me Belmont Shore is the most repulsive poster of all time. Every time I posted he would simply say.. idiot...moron... clueless... pathetic... I could go on. I had (VKF I think) PM me because Belmont went crying to the mods when I challanged him. He is the lowest form of poster, and frankly even though I have never met him (unfortunately- and despite my attemps to meet him), I think he one of the lowest forms of a human being.

I can't believe I can think that way about someone I have never met. That tells you the kind of classless guy he really is.

I don't post as much as I used to anyway because of my move out to Phoenix a couple of years ago, and my job. Busier than ever.

Hopefully this will get me back on track with enjoying message boards.

I agree 100% w/ Biggie/60, and anyone else who said they would retire if Belmont was invited here.

E- A- G- L- E- S EAGLES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ike
            I don't post as much as I used to anyway because of my move out to Phoenix a couple of years ago, and my job. Busier than ever.
            Ike, i enjoy Bourbon Street and the Hi-Liter too, but it's a bit of a stretch to call them 'jobs'.... :P

Comment

• I want to thank SF/MD, and whoever else hooked this up. We know who the troublemakers are, and obviously, they shouldn't be invited.
              It's mostly thanks to SF, IMO, it's his board and he was kind enough to make the changes that we said we wanted/needed, he accommodated us.

I just helped facilitate.

Comment

• It just got to the point that even when there was a good thread talkin' football the discussion got drowned out by two or three people arguing.

I'm here because, well, I got invited.

But really, the people here love the Eagles passionately but don't take it so seriously that people with differing opinions send them into a blind rage.

Good people here to talk sports, music, etc. and share a laugh with.

Comment

• I'd like to make one point about philaphans.

If Huck is going to run the board in the spirit in which Jeff created it then he shouldn't put his name sake on it. His legacy in regards to philaphans should not be of a board destined to perpetual riffraff.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird is da word
                    I'd like to make one point about philaphans.

If Huck is going to run the board in the spirit in which Jeff created it then he shouldn't put his name sake on it. His legacy in regards to philaphans should not be of a board destined to perpetual riffraff.
                    Put Jeff's name on it? That was a request by Adina, since they're technically her boards.

Comment

• Crowhuck should put a picture of himself up there bending over for GMAN.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• Originally posted by SCREAM
                        Originally posted by bird is da word
                        I'd like to make one point about philaphans.

Put Jeff's name on it? That was a request by Adina, since they're technically her boards.
                        Just guessing here but I think BIDW meant ISN'T not is. (But I could be 100% wrong.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                          Crowhuck should put a picture of himself up there bending over for GMAN.

Comment

• Hey can we invite our ol' buddy Fitty? Now there was a guy who added a lot to a message board.

Comment

• bRUCKNELL; AND santana moss giv fitty a RING #5 FROM joe GIBBSS
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• And this is what you'll get from fitty if the Skins slide to 6-10 this year:

Originally posted by 50cent

< crickets chirping>

Comment

Working...
                                X