• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Phillies looking to acquire Peavy AND Bedard

Just heard this news.

Inside source.

How awesome!

I just read a little blurb on that also. I think the deal is closer to be a done deal than they are letting on.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

This is definitely true. I have a friend who is close to the Phillies and this is all they are talking about. The rumors are they won't even have to give up much to get them.

Comment

Sorry, not that excited about this.
        Peavy is on the DL, and hasn't been a lights out pitcher this year. He's also been a bitch about deciding where he wants to play. Bedard struggles under any kind of pressure and is apparently a toad in the clubhouse.

And they both benefit from pitching in cavernous stadiums.

If they can get them for "nothing" I'll be a little more happy.

Comment

Someone should let WIP know!!

Comment

eh, whatever. i dont think they need both guys. i'd hate if they gave up Michael Taylor, Dom Brown or Kyle Drabek in any deal for one of these guys.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

must be true, I read it on the internet!
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

when i first read this thread yesterday, i went and tried to find sources talking about this ... then I read the other thread. nice job.

Comment

Michael Taylor for Bedard. That's what I'm hearing now. That would be a crime. Taylor is going to be a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                    Michael Taylor for Bedard. That's what I'm hearing now. That would be a crime. Taylor is going to be a stud.

Taylor is a RH Ryan Howard in the making. That would be a travesty.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

It's a done deal. Phils give up OF Jason Ellison and RHP Francsico Butto and get Bedard. To avoid potential locker room issues with Bedard Seattle has agreed as part of the deal to build an addition to Citizen's Bank Park which will include a private locker room for Bedard. Hey how about that Ruben Amaro Jr. huh? negotiating a trade that includes an addition to the stadium and two minor league B level players for the top pitcher on another teams staff is a pretty good day! This trade still has to be approved by Stienbrenner (who we all know is the real King of baseball) but my sources (a.k.a. Big Phillie) tell me this deal is almost a sure thing. The Phils are still talking to SD about Peavy and the hold up seems to be that the Padres want Hitting Coach Greg Gross and a case of soft pretzels as part of the deal and Amaro is having a hard time getting the pretzels delivered to CBP. Everytime the truck gets close Andy Reid runs out from the Linc and buys up all the pretzels. Keep your fingers crossed that Andy gets full and Rubin can finalize the Peavy deal today as well.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

there's some inside joke going on in this thread i haven't been able to figure out. eric bruntlett for roy halladay?

Comment

Look at Jukin --- always going to far!

LT - I forgot what thread it started in but BP was throwing it out as an example of how silly inside sources are.
                          Anyone?

Comment

It started n the Dunn thread. And I didn't go too far. If I didn't make it obvious it was a joke I'd have some of the dimmer light bulbs thinking it was real. I won't be accused of spreading false information! By the way Vin, stop calling me to bail you out of jail after a night of drinking. I've already mortgaged my house to bail you out last week when you beat up that Dallas fan. (Oh don't worry about it, she deserved it!) Call MD the next time you get locked up - I'm tapped out!
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                            X