Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest I could find on Andrews......

Andrews Excited About His Progress

Right tackle Shawn Andrews spoke with reporters briefly as he exited the A. Haigh Cundey Field House on Thursday afternoon after a rehab workout. Andrews has not been able to practice since he suffered tightness in his back following the timing and testing conditioning drills on July 30.
    "I'm at a very happy point right now," Andrews said. "I'm excited about where I'm going."
    Andrews did not offer a timetable for his return to the lineup. Andrews missed the rest of the year after suffering a herniated disc in Week 2 of the 2008 regular season. After making two Pro Bowls as a right guard, Andrews is moving out to right tackle in 2009. There are three players in different positions along the offensive line for the Eagles - Andrews, Stacy Andrews at right guard and Jason Peters at left tackle. Even though injuries have kept the unit from jelling during training camp on the field, Andrews believes that offensive line coach Juan Castillo will have everyone ready for the season.
    "Everybody speaks about chemistry and football is football. We brought in Jason and my brother (Stacy) here. It's just a matter of getting the connotation down because it's some of the same stuff that my brother had in Cincinnati," Andrews said. "It's just different terminology and that's just what we have to do. Juan does a good job individually of showing us where we need to be. It's just a matter of us being side by side and executing."

"I'm at a very happy point right now," Andrews said. "I'm excited about where I'm going."

Maybe he's happy that he's retiring.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm happy that he is at a happy place. Now play the damn game.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Working...
      X