• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another possible injury...

baskett was carted off today

it's apparently minor though

Comment

Hey Andy - end camp NOW!!! Forfeit the fake games and pay the fines. Let these guys watch tape and hold walk throughs but for goodness sake please wait until Sept. 15 to let these guys suit up. At this rate, we'll run out of players before the season opener!!

Seriously, is there a problem with the field? Is all the rain making it hard to practice and increasing the number of leg injuries we've seen? What the hell is going on this year?
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It's the curse that doesn't exist.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Baskett is a nobody
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

August 11, 2009 | Last Updated: 8/11/09 11:29 AM ET | Comments (0)

Wide receiver Hank Baskett left Tuesday morning's practice early with a hyperextended right knee. He is listed as day-to-day. Head coach Andy Reid will announce on Wednesday who is not going to play in Thursday's preseason game due to injuries.

-- Posted by Chris McPherson, 11:19 a.m., August 11
            Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              It's the curse that doesn't exist.
              I blame Joe Banner with his, we are best team barring injuries....

Comment

Just another reason why you don't trade players before the preseason ends.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

60, I understand what you are saying. But on the other hand, earlier they have more time for their new team to acclimate them to their system. Who wants to bring in a new guy at the end of pre-season?

And Dicky, just part of the curse.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It's the luck of the draw, some camps guys get hurt, others nobody does. It's all chance.
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                      60, I understand what you are saying. But on the other hand, earlier they have more time for their new team to acclimate them to their system. Who wants to bring in a new guy at the end of pre-season?

And Dicky, just part of the curse.
                      Your point is 100% valid Fresh. However, I could care less about getting another draft pick next year. Now if you wanted to trade one of those wrs for a stud who could help us now I'd be all for it. I don't see that happening though.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Me neither. All you are likely to get from trades at this point is one backup for another backup. As it stands, we coud use a backup TE. Maybe a backup LB. But you are not going to get a front line guy. Getting a draft pick for somebody like Baskett or Brown is OK, but I would certainly prefer to get a body that could contribute THIS year. May still happen......

Comment

Man, I definitely would not want to get into a scrap or fight with you guys backing me up...you panic at the drop of a hat and I'd probably look and you'd be running away...

One, its Baskett...nuff said. He probably was not going to make the team anyway

Two, this is happening all over the league like it does EVERY year. Injuries happen playing football (newsflash!) and it is total chance/luck as Zepster says...

Three, if you truly believe in curses I am probably talking past you
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Vote, I'm really not big on curses. However, I am a believer in karma. So I'm wondering....WTF did we do to piss off the powers that be to this extent????

Comment

Not sure who the "powers that be" are in the scenario...karma, as far as I know, is an individual thing regarding what actions a person takes that effects his/her destiny in his/her next incarnation...I am not sure there is such a thing as group or organizational karma...I am not being sarcastic or joking, just don't know if it fits

Its just bad luck and every team suffers from it every year...some team might have more than others one year or even a series of years, but normally it will swing back the other way soon enough...cannot be predicted or planned for IMV

Plus I guess I do not see the awful situation others do so far...

We lost Bradley, but we have Gaither & Mays. Gaither played the position and ran the D in 2007 pretty well. Mays is a young gun who may surprise and reports are he is doing ok so far.

We lost Ingram, but Celek is the starter and I cannot assume we thought Ingram was going to have a major impact this season...we definitely need a better backup than Schobel/Bright, but we have time/resources to find one

Kolb goes down...again McNabb is the starter and Feeley is #3, but Feeley has started in this system and shown at least that he can manage games. We definitely want Kolb healthy, but again I am not sure he is going to have a major impact on this season

Baskett...see above, IMO Brown and/or Gibson beat him out and he goes back to Kendra full-time

Andrews is still out...this does concern me, but only minorly since I believe he will eventually make it back, but also because of the depth we have on the OL. Stacy, Justice or Herremans can play RT and Cole/MJG/McGlynn can play OG.

Jackson is my biggest worry since we need to be the top WR we know he can be and all reports were saying he was showing in TC. Sure, we have Curtis, Avant, Brown, Maclin, but we do need Jackson at the top of that group IMV. Luckily, Jackson was back on the field supposedly and seems ok.
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X