Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how many sacks does the D get this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how many sacks does the D get this year?

Take a whack, I know it's early but just reading and seeing the changes on D make me drool.

Last year they had only 29 as a unit the year before 47........

How many this year.
    Still low 29 to 34?
    0.00%
    Only slighty better 35 to 40?
    100.00%
    Some decent improvement 41 to 45?
    0.00%
    Real nice improvement 46 to 50?
    0.00%
    Great numbers 51+
    0.00%

I was going to go with 51 plus. A bit more than 3.2 per game.

but then I saw that with max protect and the new WR rules...50 lead the league last year.

More than a quarter of the league (9 teams) averaged less than just 2 a game (32 total)

mid 40's is likely

Comment

I am going with 51+, because I have visions of the reincarnation of the Gang Green defense.

Call me crazy, but my outlook is that the Eagles will have a very nasty defense this season.

When you have Kearse seeing more single blocks, a rejunized Howard, Trent Cole coming in relief, and McDougle finally getting a chance show why he was a 1st rd pick - The DLine will be stocked.

Then you have the guys in the middle, Darwin Walker reminding folks he has had very respectable sack numbers as a DT, Patterson having a year of seasoning and ready to break out, Sam "Truck Driver" Rayburn, being a solid relief DT, and Bunkley showing his pedigree.

I am Psyched for this season to start.

Comment

Real nice improvement sounds like a cautiously optimistic vote for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
          I was going to go with 51 plus. A bit more than 3.2 per game.

but then I saw that with max protect and the new WR rules...50 lead the league last year.

More than a quarter of the league (9 teams) averaged less than just 2 a game (32 total)

mid 40's is likely
          Didn't they have 47 with the same rules in 04?

And I think this group has the potential to be better than that group.

Comment

Working...
          X