Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man, High ankle sprains are bad news.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, High ankle sprains are bad news.......

Lito hurt Nov 20 2005------ June 9 2006,,,, still can't play. Damn!
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eagles Notes

Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard said he is looking forward to returning to the field, but is taking a cautious approach.

Last month Eagles coach Andy Reid suggested Sheppard might be ready to return for the voluntary workouts currently being conducted at the NovaCare Complex.

Sheppard suffered a severe left high ankle sprain during the 10th game of last season - a 27-17 loss to the Giants at the Meadowlands on Nov. 20. Sheppard's season ended, and he eventually underwent surgery. Though he says things are coming along fine and he had attended the workouts, the ankle is not quite ready for on-field action.

"I am definitely not rushing things, and I have to make sure I'm at my best when I'm out there," Sheppard said earlier this week. "When I get there I want to be at full speed because I really need to have a strong ankle."

The 2004 Pro Bowler can't even say with certainty that he'll be ready when the veterans report to training camp July 23 at Lehigh.

"That is my goal, but I don't have a definite time frame at this point," said Sheppard, who had three interceptions and 33 tackles last season. "I am getting better each week, but when I get out there I want to be at full speed and don't want to shortchange my game or my team."

High ankle sprains are horrible because they linger. I would much rather get a broken ankle as that heals in 2-3 months.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I've had two severe ankle sprains on my right ankle and it will never be the same. I should probably have surgery, but since I gave up pro sports years ago I just don't feel it's worth it. My ankle is permanently swollen and will just buckle randomly when I'm walking.

Comment

ouch that sucks

my joints especially my knees feel like I'm 50 and I'm only 22.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
          ouch that sucks

my joints especially my knees feel like I'm 50 and I'm only 22.
          I've got a bum knee, too. I was told when I was 12 that I'd have bad arthritis by the time I was in my 30s. Not quite there yet, but I feel it coming.

Comment

With a high ankle sprain, the ligaments that connect the tibia and fibula, above the ankle joint, are damaged. If it's totally torn, I think you're usually looking at surgery, and if it's partially torn, it takes a long time for it to heal. Until it does, the bottom of your leg, above the ankle joint, is unstable.

Comment

Through my back out a month ago and couldn't walk for two days...crawled to the bathroom - that's about it - this two days after doing a 10 mile race (Broad Street)

LOL. I turned 30 in December so it must be downhill time...
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Hey BP, forgot to ask you in all the board exodus chaos what your time was in the Broad St. 10. Want to know what I gotta beat next year to recapture the Philaphans Phastest LD Runner trophy (I'm thinking we can make a plastic replica of JR Reed's fence-torn shoe for this?!)

Comment

* Chip time is actual time since you wait for 15,000 other runners just to get to the start! Two days later I threw my back out reaching for a cup of water!

Almost under 8 minute miles! Awesome for me... :P
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Bump. No kudos for my 8:04 time?
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Wait, when did we let GMAN in?????

It's all about YOU!!!!!

BTW--- Great job on the 8:04!!!!!!!

Comment

$hit Man, you deserve some serious credit for being able to run 10 miles in the first place.

I don't follow running enough to know a good time from a bad, to be honest, but if that's a good time for you, then by all means, Kudos !

Comment

lmao...I needed my ego stroked...
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                          X