No announcement yet.

OT: World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit. Australia got hosed on that call.

I think there's a conspiracy to have Italy go to the Finals.

Comment

• Stu Scott is talking about soccer now...

Click.

Comment

• Fuck.. before I could turn it off, i heard:

Beckham
        Bent it
        Boo-ya

Someone fucking hit stu scott with a pipe already.

Comment

• would somebody please score in this swiss/ukraine game?

Comment

• Happy now????
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• The Swiss kickers were very "neutral" on which way they wanted to kick the ball. Serves those Nazi-financiers right! Pick a side already!!!!

I think we found a team worse at shootouts than the Flyers.
              "Luck is the residue of design"
              -Branch Rickey

Comment

• Originally posted by Striar

I think we found a team worse at shootouts than the Flyers.

Comment

• SF, you have my permission to keep that avatar INDEFINITELY.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by AToney
                    Has England scored a goal this entire cup in which Beckham wasn't involved?
                    If I remember correctly, Beckham's been involved in something like 7 of the last 12 English goals.

The other thing I saw was the list of top goal scorers in the history of the World Cup (which Ronaldo is currently tied on top with 14).

There's one guy on there with 13? goals in just the 1950-something World Cup alone.

Comment

• That call against Australia was bullshit. Italy was lucky to be rewarded like that. Go Ukraine.

Some great matches in the quarters. Germany v Argentina should be great, as should England v Portugal.

Comment

• Brazil's up on Ghana 1-0 in the 34th minute, and there are already ... yes, you guessed it, 4 yellows issued.

Comment

• Brazil's up 2-0 on an offside goal. It's now at the half.

BTW, Ronaldo got the record earlier in the match on a breakaway goal where he completely embarassed the goalie with some tricky juke. Well, embarassed other than the fact the goalie wasn't going to stop it anyway because it was a clear breakaway.

(Ghana had a great chance earlier, but was stopped.)

And I think we're up to 5 yellows.

Comment

• Who here has played soccer competitively?

College? High school? Youth soccer?

I read FRESH talking about playing.

I played in high school and youth. I was a center or left wing. I only had a few years where I was any good in youth. Didn't do much in HS, but I love the game and hope to coach it some day.

Comment

• I played youth and high school. Won a couple state championships with my club team. Most guys on that team went on to play in college. Two are in the MLS. One was on this year's US World Cup team. My career for all intents and purposes was over before high school because of a bum knee.

Comment

• Another yellow card in the Brazil / Ghana game.

Comment

Working...
                                X