Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone ready for some FOOTBALL

im tired of futbol

i've defended it the last 2 weeks, but the bottom line is besides the no commercials thing, american football rules this sport by a factor of a jillion.

let the rest of the world mock us, i don't care. i like my nfl.

--

by the way, what company is it that plays 'take me out to the ballgame' with soccer highlights going on? i'm boycotting them.
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

• Landon was busy looking into the locker room mirror and practicing his "whiny entitled rich boy" face.

Not that he needs much practice.
      The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

• was funny when eric wynalda was on espn radio this morning and was saying 'im not worried about the US winning, i dont think italy will win'
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

• Originally posted by reesecal
          everyone ready for some FOOTBALL

im tired of futbol

i've defended it the last 2 weeks, but the bottom line is besides the no commercials thing, american football rules this sport by a factor of a jillion.

let the rest of the world mock us, i don't care. i like my nfl.

--

by the way, what company is it that plays 'take me out to the ballgame' with soccer highlights going on? i'm boycotting them.
          Excellent post reesecal!! Tank God this crap is over! With apologies to Scream, soccer sucks more than every Dallas Cowboy Player combined!!

By the way that soccer commercial is for Gatorade. You can see it here.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc1UbF3pcDQ
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• The end of that Australia / Croatia game was just insane. Yellows and reds getting thrown around like crazy. One Croatian guy may have gotten three yellows.

2-2 tie puts Australia into the round of 16.

Comment

• And Ronaldo's back with 2 goals to lead Brazil to a 4-1 victory over Japan. He's now tied for most goals ever in World Cup play with 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCREAM
                And Ronaldo's back with 2 goals to lead Brazil to a 4-1 victory over Japan. He's now tied for most goals ever in World Cup play with 14.
                * That's what the US needs. A superstar. We don't have one - and that is why we fail.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                  Originally posted by SCREAM
                  And Ronaldo's back with 2 goals to lead Brazil to a 4-1 victory over Japan. He's now tied for most goals ever in World Cup play with 14.
                  * That's what the US needs. A superstar. We don't have one - and that is why we fail.
                  It WAS supposed to be Landon Donovan...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc
                    Heads have to roll over this display. This sets back US soccer in a monumental way.
                    How does this set back a program that was NEVER that good? Now, if you are talking about the Checs, who were ranked second in the world????

Last time I checked, the homeboys overacheived the only time they won a single elimination series. The actually lucked out in the World Cup against Mexico, who DOMINATED play.

Yesterday, they at least outplayed the opponent, who had beaten at team that crushed us. I think that not having two valuable players (Pope is very good) and getting screwed by a ref doesn't prove anything. We did tie Italy.......even with their own goal.

When the USA starts beating real countries in real events, results like this will be appalling.
                    Pedro

Comment

• I keep hearing everyone praising Dempsey for the goal, but the credit needs to go COMPLETELY to Beasley. That had to be the prettiest pass I have ever seen in soccer. On a sprint, he not only placed the ball where only Dempsey could get to it, but he had to curve the ball around the defender who was between them. Dempsey didn't ahve to do much, and he actually hit the ball pretty close to the GK. It was arocket shot, but it was nothing compared to that pass. Beasley sucked the rest of the Cup, but he certainly showed what he can do when he tries.
                      Pedro

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                        What about that Freddy Adu kid? Isn't he some phenom? By 2010 he'll be in his prime, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro
                          Originally posted by stevemc
                          Heads have to roll over this display. This sets back US soccer in a monumental way.
                          How does this set back a program that was NEVER that good? Now, if you are talking about the Checs, who were ranked second in the world????

Last time I checked, the homeboys overacheived the only time they won a single elimination series. The actually lucked out in the World Cup against Mexico, who DOMINATED play.

Yesterday, they at least outplayed the opponent, who had beaten at team that crushed us. I think that not having two valuable players (Pope is very good) and getting screwed by a ref doesn't prove anything. We did tie Italy.......even with their own goal.

When the USA starts beating real countries in real events, results like this will be appalling.
                          Pedro - there was a lot riding on this World Cup. The US went in highly touted and had a chance to build upon their '02 success. Believe it or not - between then and now - the US was beginning to be looked upon as an up & coming power. A successful World Cup could have propelled the sport here at home because there would have been such global focus on the US team. Look at what the freakin' women's soccer team got in terms of mileage from their WC victory.

Now, sadly, the sport is a disappointment and people will actually lose what little interest was out there for the masses.

Comment

• That's exactly the point. It's as if we tried for decades to get the rock near the top of the mountain and then this WC let it fall back down again. Now we gotta start over near the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro
                              I keep hearing everyone praising Dempsey for the goal, but the credit needs to go COMPLETELY to Beasley. That had to be the prettiest pass I have ever seen in soccer. On a sprint, he not only placed the ball where only Dempsey could get to it, but he had to curve the ball around the defender who was between them. Dempsey didn't ahve to do much, and he actually hit the ball pretty close to the GK. It was arocket shot, but it was nothing compared to that pass. Beasley sucked the rest of the Cup, but he certainly showed what he can do when he tries.
                              Don't get me wrong, Beasley deserves the bulk of the credit for that goal. However, that was just about Beasley's only bright spot of the tournament. Dempsey played well throughout, especially during the Italy game. He completely dominated the right side in that match.
                              The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                                Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                                What about that Freddy Adu kid? Isn't he some phenom? By 2010 he'll be in his prime, right?
                                They were saying at the end of the US/Ghana game that he could have played for either team, but also probably wouldn't have seen any time on either squad this year. He still has a ways to go to mature, according to the announcers (growing, I presume).

He should definitely be ready for '10.

Comment

Working...
                                X