OT: World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: World Cup Thread

Dedicated to anybody other than me who's paying attention to the World Cup.

Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2 in the opening game. All offense and little defense.

Ecuador's up 1-0 on Poland in the second game with 35 to go.

Yea, this 2nd game has been better than Germany-Costa Rica IMO...cannot wait until Monday
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I'm pumped. I kinda forgot to watch today though. But I'll definitely be watching every US game I can.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Ecuador manages to stay onsides and get an easy goal to sure up the game. 2-0 now with 7+ to go.

NOW Poland's starting to come alive. A nice chance, and then one that hits the post. Still 2-0 though. 5 to go.

AND ANOTHER POST. Ouch. We're in extra time.

Comment

Sadly the U.S. doesn't play until Monday and Brazil doesn't play till Tuesday. When does England play?

By the way, check out the top story here: http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2006 ... 5357/1193/

I think it's a pretty cool what-if exercise. I really think the Freak would be a great goalie. they didn't mention him in the fox sports article but they did say Dawkins as a defender.

Comment

This team would get DESTROYED playing soccer. I mean, I realize they're just basing it on NFL players and measurables, but they don't have the speed at all on that team, especially the back 4.

Comment

their choices for defenders is ridiculous.

But I think if you took pure speed and footwork, we'd be ok with some NFL and basketball players. (provided of course they've had a lifetime of training.)

Comment

England plays tomorrow, Vin...check out ESPN for the listings...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                  England plays tomorrow, Vin...check out ESPN for the listings...
                  Screw ESPN!

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/calendar.html

Comment

LOL...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Saw a piece on CNN on the new World Cup Ball from Adidas, being used in all the games. I beleive they said Adidas expects to sell 50 million of the new balls worldwide. Does that seem possible?

The balls are seemless and, consequently, act something like a knuckle ball. Several goalies were interviewed and said that the new balls not only move in an unpredictable fashion but are also more slippery and thus, harder to grasp. They contend the changes are designed to increase scoring which, if true, should appeal to all but the real "football" purists.

Comment

Well I'm thoroughly bored so I just put $5 on Sweden to beat Trinidad 3-2. It pays $250.

Comment

England up 1-0 in the 35th minute....good match so far

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                            Well I'm thoroughly bored so I just put $5 on Sweden to beat Trinidad 3-2. It pays $250.
                            What are the odds Sweden wins 1-0? Sooner or later they should knock one in. T&T isn't doing a darn thing yet. Nobody's up front to help Stern John.

Comment

I don't know. they never show the odds of what you couldve bet after a game starts. I don't know why.

Anyway, i guess i'm out $5.

Comment

Working...
                              X