Andrew Brandt is chatty about Eagle contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Brandt is chatty about Eagle contracts

I can't understand why the Eagles let this guy write a column like this, if he's employed by the club:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...and-49ers.html

He dishes about why the Maclin negotiations took so long (concern over escalator clauses) and also fills everyone in on the fact that Sean Jones took a $500k pay cut prior to the start of the season to avoid being cut. He also provides detail about the Jeff Garcia contract. Odd.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Interesting. So, a player like Jones made this roster based not simply on his performance, but his willingness to take a pay cut. How does that discussion go?

"Ummmm Sean, when we signed you a few months ago, we thought you were going to be a real good player, and a guy that could help replace our lost starting safety. But now that we have seen you play up close, you pretty much stink. Wanna stick around for a while longer? Here is your new contract...." LOL!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I agree. These things should be left at the negotiating table and not make their way into print. Perhaps the Eagles should "induce" Mr. Brandt to sign a confidentiality pact. Or maybe it is that the Eagles have approved in advance his "blending" of both jobs.

Comment

I don't think Brandt works for the Eagles anymore. He was a temporary hire to help negotiate the contracts. I believe, he is no longer on the Birds' payroll.
        Last edited by Browser; 09-21-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

He mentioned in previous articles that he couldn't discuss this or that because he was involved in the negotiation at the time or because of club policy. I think the things he is throwing out there this week are all public knowledge things (if you are the type to dig deep into wording in a complicated contract). People bitch about why a contract takes so long when all you have to do is look at the contract immediately in front of and in back of. Well, it doesn't work that way and, while he doesn't give you a hell of a lot of info, he is showing some reasons why.
          Most fans don't care to learn about or give a damn about why a player isn't signed or why one guy gets cut vs another guy yet they will bitch about the front office. While I am not a big fan of his writings they do give a little insight into how complicated it is.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X