Speed Kills..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Kills..........

Some encouraging observations by Sheldon in his latest report......

Sheldon Brown has been keeping tabs on the Eagles defense, which includes some new faces in new places. He loves what he sees, and talks about the improvements with Jim Johnson's group, along with his perspective on the end of this June camp in his exclusive Brown's Blog right here ...

"I have noticed many things about this defense during these spring drills and maybe the most important thing I've seen is an attitude to work hard throughout the unit.

"I'm happy with what I've seen. I've always said that if you work hard, good things will happen and that is what I expect here. We've got more speed on defense and some of these young guys are really stepping things up, so I like the way our depth looks right now.

McDougle's performance in the spring has been encouraging
    "Injuries are such an important part of success in the NFL, and the way I feel is that if we stay healthy, we'll be one of the best defenses around. When you have so many guys up front who can get after the quarterback and really make things difficult because of their speed.

"I know that Jim Johnson has a lot of different things up his sleeve because he knows he has more to work with. He has some pieces that he can move around, and that is very evident to me. Jim wants to keep offenses guessing about where this player is and where that player is. I see a lot of movement here and I like it.

"We return basically the same players as last year, except now we've added a guy like Darren Howard and rookies like Brodrick Bunkley and Chris Gocong. Then you have some second-year players like Matt McCoy and Sean Considine who are stepping up, and then a player like Jerome McDougle comes back strong and you look around and see all the depth and the talent here.

"I see Jerome and I can't believe how he's come along. He's got more quickness than I've ever seen him have. He has knowledge of the defense now, and when you have that comfort, you play at a new speed. You play like you're supposed to play.

"It's exciting to me. We have our swagger on defense. I think there is a tremendous amount of confidence. The secondary guys are all familiar with each other and we're communicating well. I like what we've done with the front seven.

"We will know for sure when training camp starts and then into the regular season, but I think we're off to a great start. It's exciting to see all of these players flying around. We're playing fast football."

Learn more about Sheldon Brown by visiting his web
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Let's kill some people.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

We have our swagger on defense. I think there is a tremendous amount of confidence
      Umm, Sheldon, I, just personally, really don't want to hear about swagger just yet,,, let me see a few games first....and while I appreciate the confidence, I'll personally also allow a couple of games to be reviewed before I go there also, IMHO.

(ducks for cover)

Comment

We just keep hearing, again and again that McDoooooGAL is looking great. I can't wait to see him in action. ( I said ACTION, not TRACTION)
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
        X