'Let's run the ball!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Let's run the ball!'

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere but on a 3rd and 1 with ~6 mins left in the 3rd, McNabb throws incomplete out of the endzone.

When running off the field, he seems to say "Let's run the ball (with a little jogging motion)" to Marty/Andy.

1) Love the emotion from Donny
    2) Reid seemed to throw Marty under the bus in a presser and mentioned scheme.

All I have to say is I agree with McNabb. Let's RUN THE BALL.

It will never happen. Also, was does the pass happy Walrus always have his midgets in the game in the red zone. Why not have Avant in there on the goal line? Get some size in there in cramped spaces. Speed doesn't do you a whole lot on a small field.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      It will never happen. Also, was does the pass happy Walrus always have his midgets in the game in the red zone. Why not have Avant in there on the goal line? Get some size in there in cramped spaces. Speed doesn't do you a whole lot on a small field.
      Good point!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I have to say that the decisions in the red zone to pass the ball this past Sunday may have been partially based on not having Peters in the lineup. Peters has had some difficulties in pass blocking this season, but he has absolutely buried people on some running plays. If he and Herremanns are both healthy, there should be no reason why we shouldn't be able to run to the left side.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I remember, it was hideous...and encouraging all at the same time. Thing is, Andy SAYS that McNabb has the ability to call an audible....so I guess that dumps it back on Donovan's plate. However, with us often being slow getting calls in, there may not be time to call audibles much.

Another thing, kinda related......during his presser, Andy was asked a question that many of us have raised.......is it possible that it's difficult for your Oline that is so much in pass protect to just change gears and be effective getting that push n run blocking situations??? The answer :"I don't think that's the problem."

Ummmm, really?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            I remember, it was hideous...and encouraging all at the same time. Thing is, Andy SAYS that McNabb has the ability to call an audible....so I guess that dumps it back on Donovan's plate. However, with us often being slow getting calls in, there may not be time to call audibles much.

Another thing, kinda related......during his presser, Andy was asked a question that many of us have raised.......is it possible that it's difficult for your Oline that is so much in pass protect to just change gears and be effective getting that push n run blocking situations??? The answer :"I don't think that's the problem."

Ummmm, really?
            Too bad the reporter didn't have a rebuttal-"well you're wrong Andy".

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              I have to say that the decisions in the red zone to pass the ball this past Sunday may have been partially based on not having Peters in the lineup. Peters has had some difficulties in pass blocking this season, but he has absolutely buried people on some running plays. If he and Herremanns are both healthy, there should be no reason why we shouldn't be able to run to the left side.
              Peters hasn't been here for 10 years. These questions are nothing new.

Comment

I heard Eskin ripping McNabb for this yesterday. Basically calling him a bitch because he didn't want the ball.

On a side note Eskin better watch out, if he keeps calling Jason Peters a girl he might just get dropped when he's on the sideline Sundays.
                Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                Everything I've ever heard is that McNabb is given #2 plays: The first to call in the huddle and the 2nd as a possible audible.

Also along those lines, an interesting tidbit I got from Ray Diddy yesterday. Even Marty is calling the plays, Andy is the one who makes the chart.

On the chart the plays are grouped by situation. So basically if it's 2nd and 4-7 yards, Marty only has a choice between X number of plays.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Somebody once said that Marty M likes to pass even more than AR. Don't know if that's true or not, but I've gotta wonder if they ever look at that chart and say, "Damn, that's a lot of pass plays...."
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Peters hasn't been here for 10 years. These questions are nothing new.
                    C'mon, E60! I was trying to give them an excuse for one week! We both know that they wouldn't run if they Forrest Gregg, Jerry Kramer, Jim Ringo, Fuzzy Thurston, and Bob Skoronsky on the line!

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                      C'mon, E60! I was trying to give them an excuse for one week! We both know that they wouldn't run if they Forrest Gregg, Jerry Kramer, Jim Ringo, Fuzzy Thurston, and Bob Skoronsky on the line!
                      No shit Stock. We could add Jim Brown to that list too!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere but on a 3rd and 1 with ~6 mins left in the 3rd, McNabb throws incomplete out of the endzone.

When running off the field, he seems to say "Let's run the ball (with a little jogging motion)" to Marty/Andy.

1) Love the emotion from Donny
                        2) Reid seemed to throw Marty under the bus in a presser and mentioned scheme.

All I have to say is I agree with McNabb. Let's RUN THE BALL.
                        Are you sure? If I'm thinking of the same play that you are (and I might not be), I remember McNabb making a sort of running gesture which I thought was towards the receivers coming off the field. I thought the reciever in the back of the end-zone didn't run the route that McNabb was expecting. It seemed to me that the reciever ran to the corner of the end zone, was covered and pretty much stopped. Based on the end location of the other reciever, it appeared as though the reciever in the back of the end zone probably should have then run from the corner of the EZ back towards the other direction. McNabb wound up just throwing it away.

Again, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                          Are you sure? If I'm thinking of the same play that you are (and I might not be), I remember McNabb making a sort of running gesture which I thought was towards the receivers coming off the field. I thought the reciever in the back of the end-zone didn't run the route that McNabb was expecting. It seemed to me that the reciever ran to the corner of the end zone, was covered and pretty much stopped. Based on the end location of the other reciever, it appeared as though the reciever in the back of the end zone probably should have then run from the corner of the EZ back towards the other direction. McNabb wound up just throwing it away.

Again, I could be wrong.
                          That's how I read that play too.

Comment

Eskin, who was on the sideline disagrees.

Although Jackson definitely needs to do a better job working back on that play.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                              Eskin, who was on the sideline disagrees.

Although Jackson definitely needs to do a better job working back on that play.
                              Disagrees with who/what?

YPCM: that could have been it. Although I thought he was talking to the sidelines and not a player.

Comment

Working...
                              X