(OT) Penn's landing...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Penn's landing...?

I'm heading up to Philly in April for a seminar. Staying at the Hyatt at Penn's landing. My experience in Philly is pretty much limited to going to the Vet/Linc, and cabbing it to S. Philly for some Italian chow. So, what be the deal?? It looks close to the center city restaurants, and whatnot. There also appears to be a strip club nearby called Sinsations?? Can any of you guys give me the scoop??

EB, hope you have a good stay, beautiful day today in the city

Look at this map off the Hyatt website: http://pennslanding.hyatt.com/hyatt/...maps/index.jsp

"center city" is somewhat arbitrary depending on what you are looking for...but the Hyatt is on one edge of the city (2nd between Locust & Walnut roughly) on the river.

Thus you are not in the "center" of anything, but can access everything although it probably will be by cab, bus or car to most areas. The historical part of the city is within walking distance from the Hyatt and I cannot recommend the Constitution Center highly enough. Good restuarants can be found in Old City which again is close by to the Hyatt (Amada is my fav) and the Ritz movie theaters are in that same area.
    There are strip clubs, a Dave & Busters etc. on Columbus Blvd (the street the Hyatt is on), but thats a busy road and walking down it is not the most fun.

Most of the good shopping is closer to Rittenhouse Square (18-20th & Spruce to Chestnut), Chinatown is roughly 10-13th & Walnut to Race area etc. Let me know if you have something special you want to find and I can offer some suggestions
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
    X