Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Cynthia Crosby and the Penguins 2...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Cynthia Crosby and the Penguins 2...

Canadiens 5 in game 7

Now, Let's Go Flyers.

Flyers hold serve. Now gotta steal a game 7 from the 2nd biggest assholes in sports!

Comment

Who'd thunk the Flyers could actually have home ice advantage in the ECF when the playoffs started?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        Who'd thunk the Flyers could actually have home ice advantage in the ECF when the playoffs started?
        Probably one person. And he's lying!

this is why i love NHL playoffs. I've watched so many games this year. Best postseason for me since the year when the Minnesota Wild went .... wild.

Comment

By the way, I thought this would be the proper time to watch Broad Street Bullies HBO special.

Comment

I Luv me some Flyers tonight. What a gutsy performance the last 3 games.

Flyers win and the Crosby/Bettman's are out. How great is that.

Comment

That HBO special was indeed special....amazingly well done

Not as good a performance tonight as Monday, but a win nonetheless...onto Game 7!

History will be made. Go Flyers!
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

My only complaint with the HBO special was the lack of Gene Hart other than a passing mention.

Comment

Glad to see there are so many hockey fans here. This has been a great Stanley Cup thus far.

Don't want to say who I'm rooting for (I'm not a Flyers fan), but hasn't Halak been tremendous?
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                    Glad to see there are so many hockey fans here. This has been a great Stanley Cup thus far.

Don't want to say who I'm rooting for (I'm not a Flyers fan), but hasn't Halak been tremendous?
                    If the Flyers get knocked out, I will pull for the Habs. I love the passion of many Canadians for 'their team'. Ironically, I have a somewhat rigid Canadian friend from the Toronto area who hates everything French and will definitely root against 'Les Hatitants' simply because they're from Montreal.

Comment

Agree with a lot of this -- Gene Hart was as much a part of the Flyers as any player, and the Flyers have already pulled off an amazing comeback. First team in 35 years to tie a series after falling behind to 0-3........

PDN also reported that only 2 other NHL teams, and no MLB or NBA team, has ever overcome a 0-3 deficit. And that, if the Flyers pull it off, they'd only be the 3rd team to overcome a deficit like that, out of a staggering 281 playoff series in the three sports leagues.

LET'S GO FLY-ERS!!!!!! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!!!!!!!!)
                      Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM.
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Even if the Flyers don't win the Cup, I will be happy knowing it won't be the Pens.

That being said LETS FUCKING WIN THIS THING TOMORROW NIGHT AND TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP!!!!!!

Edit: Of course I can't actually watch the games.

I have had incredibly horrible luck this series. I watched the first 3 games and they lost. The last 3 games I haven't watched. Now the last 2 games I've followed online. But last night I turn on the TV to watch the end of the game. Not 10 seconds after I turn it on and the Bruins make it 2-1 so I immediately switched back to the other channel I was watching.
                        Last edited by leifdawg; 05-13-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                          Even if the Flyers don't win the Cup, I will be happy knowing it won't be the Pens.

That being said LETS FUCKING WIN THIS THING TOMORROW NIGHT AND TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP!!!!!!

Edit: Of course I can't actually watch the games.

I have had incredibly horrible luck this series. I watched the first 3 games and they lost. The last 3 games I haven't watched. Now the last 2 games I've followed online. But last night I turn on the TV to watch the end of the game. Not 10 seconds after I turn it on and the Bruins make it 2-1 so I immediately switched back to the other channel I was watching.

LD

I have the same negative impact on the few Phillies games I get to see. If I watch, they usually lose.

Isn't it scary having this much power?

Comment

Seriously, leif needs to keep the TV tuned elsewhere!
                            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

So far, the NHL post season has been great:
                              1. knock Rangers out of the playoffs on the last game of the season
                              2. knock Devils out of the playoffs
                              3. Cindy and the Pens knocked out of the playoffs

Will Versus even broadcast any more hockey games now that the league darling is out?

A game 7 victory will top things off nicely.
                              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X