Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds/Vikes flexed to SNF 12/26

We are the kings of NFL ratings!

Seems like it...............I don't really like all of the attention. Feeds the dona in their primas.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Nah - let them ride the wave. I think it actually might boost these young guys' confidence moreso than anything. They are giving us more than I think any of us envisioned to this point. Let's hope they ride the hype and play above their heads (especially on "D" because I have no worries about the "O" and the exposure).

Comment

Wow... I can't believe that game was flexed. Is it possible the league wants one more Favre payday.

I love that to by the way... my family is all coming over for Xmas that day and I was worried about missing the game. Won't now. They will be long gone.

All I want for Xmas is the 2nd seed.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Why would they do this? The Vikings blow.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            Wow... I can't believe that game was flexed. Is it possible the league wants one more Favre payday.

I love that to by the way... my family is all coming over for Xmas that day and I was worried about missing the game. Won't now. They will be long gone.

All I want for Xmas is the 2nd seed.
            You sure have been on a roll lately AW!!!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

My birthday is Jan 7. Should I ask for a Super Bowl win.

ONly ever year.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                My birthday is Jan 7. Should I ask for a Super Bowl win.

ONly ever year.
                Might as well-things happen in 3s.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

buy a lottery ticket too.

Comment

Don't know for sure but my guess is that this is two fold for the league. First, the birds are always a good draw. Second, Favre is a good draw. If they aren't putting Farce on IR this will be the last chance for them to get him on prime time. I don't think any game on the last weekend get flexed to prime time and there isn't a Monday night game so thenextbest thing is to go to the prior week.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

remember that Fox & CBS can protect some sort of mix of games (perhaps one per network) and so what NBC is left with is a group of games that may not be a marquee matchup so they go with what the best ratings will be. That leaves you with the Birds.

Comment

i actually think that NBC gets its pick of games for the most part... this says a lot for the birds

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          Why would they do this? The Vikings blow.
                          1) Jets-Bears was protected by CBS
                          2) Giants-Packers was protected by Fox
                          3) Brett Favre is a big TV draw and this could be his last-ever prime-time game
                          4) The Eagles, especially with the Michael Vick angle, are a huge TV draw this year

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            remember that Fox & CBS can protect some sort of mix of games (perhaps one per network) and so what NBC is left with is a group of games that may not be a marquee matchup so they go with what the best ratings will be. That leaves you with the Birds.
                            Some of you may know there is a website (the506.com) where TV maps are posted showing which areas of the country are receiving various games on Fox and CBS. At that site, there is also a message board. On that message board, one of the posters has access to inside information about which games Fox and CBS protect Weeks 11-16 of the season. (No games are eligible to be protected in Week 17; also, Fox and CBS need to make their protection selections in the mid-to-late October time frame.) Each network can protect 5 games total over those 6 weeks. According to the source on that board, both Jets-Bears and Giants-Packers were protected by their televising networks (CBS and Fox respectively).

On a related note, because the Eagles will be making their 4th SNF appearance and 6th prime-time appearance during the 2010 season on 12/26, the 1/2 Cowboys at Eagles game CANNOT be flexed to SNF; it is guaranteed to be televised on Fox. NFL TV rules do not allow teams to have more than 6 prime-time and 4 NBC appearances in a season (and even in those cases only up to 3 teams can make that many prime-time or NBC appearances).
                            Last edited by CHIP72; 12-15-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

saving the biggest TV market for Fox and CBS is an obvious move. it is about number of TVs.

so let's see then... the sunday night games were:

49ers
                              Giants
                              Cowboys
                              Vikings

one monday night game.

i still say the cowboys game gets slotted into the late afternoon slot

Comment

Working...
                              X