Amazing fact about our defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing fact about our defense

The Eagles now have SEVEN players starting on defense that were either undrafted free agents or 7th round picks. SEVEN.

Juqua Parker – undrafted
    Antonio Dixon – undrafted
    Jamar Chaney – 7th round
    Moise Fokou – 7th round
    Dimitri Patterson – undrafted
    Quintin Mikell – undrafted
    Kurt Coleman – 7th round

That kind of defense isn't likely winning a championship, regardless of what your offense does.

I don't know. Seems like they have something to prove.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by EFD View Post
      That kind of defense isn't likely winning a championship, regardless of what your offense does.
      And that is why I'm just not buying any of the championship aspirations for this team. Jay Cutler lit them up. Eli lit them up. I could honestly see Drew Brees or Tom Brady throwing for 500 yards and 6 TDs on this defense. I admire the way the defense stepped up in the 4th quarter against the Giants, but I don't think they can sustain that. They're just not good enough, and they are going to get mega exposed at some point in the playoffs, and that will be that.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD View Post
        The Eagles now have SEVEN players starting on defense that were either undrafted free agents or 7th round picks. SEVEN.

Juqua Parker – undrafted
        Antonio Dixon – undrafted
        Jamar Chaney – 7th round
        Moise Fokou – 7th round
        Dimitri Patterson – undrafted
        Quintin Mikell – undrafted
        Kurt Coleman – 7th round

That is amazing but your last statement makes no sense. You can say they suck if you want, but that has nothing to do with their draft status. I would rather have Antonio Dxion over Cory Simon or Juqua Parker over Jerome McDougle

Antonio Pierce - Undrafted
        Adewale Ogunleye - Undrafted
        Bart Scott - Undrafted
        London Fletcher - Undrafted
        Pat Williams - Undrafted
        James Harrison - Undrafted
        Jay Ratliff - 7th round
        Cortland Finnegan - 7th round

Comment

ahem. . . . .

http://philly.sportscolumn.com/showt...ted#post176363

Comment

LOL...Steve ahead of the curve as usual...

A bit misleading as well since Parker and Mikell have been starting here for years and Fokou has some experience at SAM before this year.

But the draft class certainly has paid some dividends already
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I would agree that this D is unlikely to win a championship. But after what the Saints did last year, I'm giving them a slight chance.

And when they needed a stop, they got it.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I don't worry too much about where they're drafted. Im more worried that they seem to be dropping like flies and can't defend the red zone.

Comment

People should do some research about the 1960 Eagles - there are some eerie similarities between that team and the 2010 team, including the defense not being overly good.

Comment

I'm not too concerned with where they were drafted,the youth is more of a concern. They need some top notch On the Job Training, at least they have a pretty good offense while they learn.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                      People should do some research about the 1960 Eagles - there are some eerie similarities between that team and the 2010 team, including the defense not being overly good.
                      Ya know Chip that I have been thinking the same thing. I guess that I was afraid to post it because i didn't want to jinx them.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Forget who wrote the article, but this reminds me of a story I read a few years ago about how the NFL under the cap had gotten so restrictive and evenly matched that teams essentially have to choose which side of the ball to load up on. You pretty much load up on offense or defense and hope the other side of the ball doesn't kill you. 2000 Ravens, 2007 Giants on defense. 2009 Saints, 2006 Colts on offense. This offense might be good enough to pull that off -- we actually have a lot in common with last year's Saints -- great offense and defense that kind of sucks except when getting turnovers.
                        Long Live Section 736

Comment

What happened in 1960?

Comment

What if they were 5th or 6th rounders - would you believe in them then?

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
                              What if they were 5th or 6th rounders - would you believe in them then?
                              you mean like Trent Cole?!

Comment

Working...
                              X