Sports site recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports site recommendation?

What do you guys use for your news and scores?

I use Yahoo and I used to love it because it was just no nonsense. AP articles and scores. Now it's full of dickheads who can't write and bullshit videos. They had a whole series of videos made to look like news when in fact were ads for miller lite or bud light or something. That was the last straw for me.

I just use the my.yahoo.com homepage it brings me only the info I want and the Ad Block Plus plugin combined with the NoScript plugin takes care of any video ads.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I get people who call me from the book and from Philly. The Night Cliff Lee signed with the Phillies was horrible. I slept like maybe an hour. I wish I could have turned my phone off but for reasons I couldn't.

I believe I just thread crapped. Sorry I normally know the news before most sites post it.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        What do you guys use for your news and scores?
        CBS Sportsline for scores. Even though Florio and his little shit sidekicks love knocking the Eagles, he gets NFL stuff up fast, even if it's often inaccurate.

The only national radio guy I listen to is Dan Like his self effacing humor and the repartee with his 'aides' (except for the punk fuck who's a Yankee fan).

ESPN is unwatchable. Rome and Cowherd are unlistenable.
        Last edited by tinopuno; 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Rotoworld or the various sport message boards...like this one
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

This site,Philly.com,csnphilly.com and yahoo.If I hear any rumors,I head to goggle and see what pops up.This is where most of the news is broken,thumbs up to the lot of ya
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

i HATE philly.com. I would actually consider it a personal favor if people would post interesting articles from philly.com on here so I wouldn't have to go to that site.

Autoplay videos are obnoxious and I can't support sites like that. (And being in the media biz, I'm pro advertising.)

Comment

Twitter

Comment

If I want quick scores... I find myself sometimes using the "mobile" sites (the ones designed for smartphones and the like). m.nfl.com or m.espn.com etc. Sometimes there isn't much info on a single page... but they load quickly and have virtually no flash/video stuff.

Comment

that's actually a really good idea

Comment

CBSSports, CSNPhilly, Philly.com, here, YahooSports and sometimes FoxSports.

Comment

philly.com is my homepage so I see most of the stuff there. Comcast.net and this site are the two others I visit the most for sports info. During football season I'm pretty much always on cbssports.com because of the fantasy leagues I'm in. That's pretty much it for me.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I get all the news I need from BelmontShore at eaglesphans.com. He knows everything and is never wrong.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

He syndicated a couple of my blogs.

Comment

shit leif, if you wanna write, write for sportscolumn. you'll get more respect than at some site called eaglesphans.com (i didn't realize that was a real site.)

Comment

Working...
                              X