BoDog sets odd of Kolb being dealt at -200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoDog sets odd of Kolb being dealt at -200

Per the Philly Inquirer via RotoWorld...

BoDog.com has listed the odds of Kevin Kolb not being an Eagle in Week 1 next season at (-200).

For you non-gamblers out there, that means they think there's a better chance that he will be dealt, though it's not an overwhelming number. SI.com's Peter King, for what it's worth, thinks the Eagles will hang on to Kolb because Michael Vick is too injury-prone. Kolb has said he'd like to be traded if he's not going to be the starter.

What do you think will happen?

I say no deal. (though it pains me to agree with King Douche)

Comment

I agree with Vin and say he doesn't get dealt unless the Eagles get a great offer.

But I hope they go out and make an aggressive move with either Kolb or Vick. I am 99% sure that Vick will be the one they keep so they need to use Kolb to help fill a position. They can find a veteran back-up if they need too. If Kolb is retained it means they don't have faith that Vick is the long term answer.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I think they will shop Kolb (Minn, Ariz, Mia, Oakland and Tenn) .
        I miss Philly!

Comment

If Kolb starts to raise a big stink, they'll definitely deal him. Kolb isn't Terrell Owens or John Welbourn though, so he won't raise a big stink, and who knows what'll happen. They'll listen to offers, but AR knows that it's a seller's market when it comes to Kolb.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Where is he going to go? Seriously fellas, the Eagle FO constantly overestimates the value of guys that they want to dump. He's got a room temperature QB rating for his career (72.3) and they are now asking for 2 number 1's! Are you friekin kidding me!! I suppose that they may get a 2nd or 3rd for him, but that's it. Just because they were dumb enough to draft him doesn't mean that somebody else is going to overpay for him. He had better get used to carring a clipboard, and he already has had his big payday with the Eagles. He and the Eagles are better served if he just stays put.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Where is he going to go? Seriously fellas, the Eagle FO constantly overestimates the value of guys that they want to dump. He's got a room temperature QB rating for his career (72.3) and they are now asking for 2 number 1's! Are you friekin kidding me!! I suppose that they may get a 2nd or 3rd for him, but that's it. Just because they were dumb enough to draft him doesn't mean that somebody else is going to overpay for him. He had better get used to carring a clipboard, and he already has had his big payday with the Eagles. He and the Eagles are better served if he just stays put.
              Obviously nobody is going to trade two #1 picks (that is akin to saying "he's not available, but make an outrageous offer and we'll listen"), but I would be surprised if the Eagles let him go without getting a #1 back -- certainly possible for teams in the lower half of the first round.

I don't think they are in any rush to trade him, as he is cheap this year (they did pay quite a bit for that privilege), and I'm sure they want to see how the CBA and draft shakes out, as well as what other QBs could be available to be a backup if they do trade him. I don't think they would want Kafka as the #2 next year however this turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                You always start out high in negotiations 60. That way you work on it and meet in the middle. No one is going to give them two number ones and they know that.

Someone in this league will take a shot on a young QB.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Going to be hard to pull off if the labor agreement isn't reached before the end of the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                    Going to be hard to pull off if the labor agreement isn't reached before the end of the summer.
                    If this thing goes the 2 years some are saying it will,you gotta wonder what Vick will be worth after sitting out 4 of 6 seasons.He'll be 32,maybe those legs won't move as quickly and the arm won't be as strong.Better hang on to KK till you see how things work out.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X