X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Eagles NFL Draft Busts - #5 Freddie Mitchell

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...hell#storyjump

Top 10 Eagles NFL Draft Busts - #5 Freddie Mitchell

90 receptions, 1,200 yards, five TDs. These are the kind of stats you expect a WR taken in the first round to produce over the course of a season. Not as a rookie, but eventually right? Those were Freddie's stats... after his four year NFL career was over. Bust #5 is "fast" Freddie from UCLA.

Freddie Mitchell - 2001 - 1st round 25th overall pick

The mere fact that his NFL career was over after four years should tell you all you need to know. For a team to not even take a chance on a perfectly healthy former first round pick shows what a miss Freddie was. He went on to claim that Donovan McNabb had somehow blacklisted him from the NFL and that was the only reason no team ever called.

If guys Donovan McNabb didn't like couldn't get jobs, why is Terrell Owens still in the league pushing 40? It's because he's good. Freddie isn't.

All that said, Freddie did give us 4th and 26 and we'll never forget that.

Freddy was a first rate clown. He had one good play, but I'd trade it away to redraft that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
      Freddy was a first rate clown. He had one good play, but I'd trade it away to redraft that year.
      Looks like he finally won something!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He sucked, but his "I'd like to thank my hands for being so great" was one of the funniest quotes I've ever heard. Of course, I guess it's not so funny since he was probably serious. But that was funny as hell.

Comment

Two good plays. He was on the other end of the 14-second scramble or whatever it was. And he got one of the greatest quotes ever out of Belichik as well.

Still a terrible bust. I suspect there was a little truth behind McNabb actively avoiding throwing to him, but there were probably good reasons for that too.

Comment

Why in the world would you want to redraft? Who are you going to take instead....
            Reggie Wayne? (5 picks after we took Mitchell)
            Quincy Morgan? (8 picks)
            Chad Johnson? (11 picks and I'd skip that pick! I'd rather have Freddie who's only slightly saner!)
            Robert Ferguson? (16 picks)
            Chris Chambers? (26 picks)
            Steve Smith (Carolina took him 49 spots after we took Mitchell)

Smith would have been a great steal but looking back how did we pass up Wayne to take this......

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              He sucked, but his "I'd like to thank my hands for being so great" was one of the funniest quotes I've ever heard. Of course, I guess it's not so funny since he was probably serious. But that was funny as hell.
              No, this is what the haters don't understand - Freddie WAS being funny. And he was probably better at it than anyone else in the league. That's why he was so brilliant and one of my favorite Eagles ever despite being an epic bust.

Unfortunately for Freddie, the NFL is a place for overcompetitive psychos, not class clowns.

Comment

Working...
              X