Mock Draft with Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft with Friends

Did another mock draft with friends last weekend. Same basic rules as before except we proceeded as the lockout was still in place. So we could trade draft picks but not players. Here is what I did

#23 - Carimi, Smith, Contanzo and most of the players we have spoke about were gone. The strength of the pick was Defensive End (either JJ Wyatt or Brooks Reed) and QB (Both Jake Locker and Colin Kaepersick) were on the board. So I did a trade (this was offered to me vs me offering it to them). #23 (in which Cincy took Locker) for #35 and #66

#35 Aaron Williams, CB/S, Texas - Some talk that at his size 6ft 1 1/2 and 200lbs he may play safety in the pro's I think at 4.5 speed he can play corner. I like the fact that he is physical, he is good in the run game and a good cover corner. I believe he starts day one for the Eagles

#54 Benjamin Ijalana OG/OT Villanova - I love this kid, he probably should be a higher pick but he is coming off a medical, so he falls some. He could very well start day one for the Eagles at right guard, I like his versitility that is also some that AR will like

#66 Brandon Burton CB Utah - I believe we need several corners, much like the year we took LIto and Sheldon. Burton could challenge right away for a starting spot or at the very least play the nickle. Good special teams player.

#85 Chris Conte S Cal- The defensive backfield is the worst I have ever seen it in Philly, beyond Samuel, Allen and Coleman I don't see much there, Maybe Anderson, Maybe Lindley, we need competition. I love the way Conte plays, he is consistently around the ball.

#104 Greg Jones, ILB, Michigan State - Sims,Bradley,Jordan and Gaither are all free agents, no way of knowing if any will be back. Linebacker must be addressed. Jones was a highly productive college player whose measurable 6ft 242 is what hold him back from being a higher pick

#120 Jason Pinkston OG/OT Pittsburgh - Is he a guard or is he a tackle? This is the exact type of lineman that Mudd and Reid like, with Wells, Cole and MGJ free agents we need to add multiples to the line not to mention we need upgrades. I like Pinkston think he has the ability to start eventually

#149 (from SD) - Casey Mathews SLB Oregon - He is not his brother, he is however a very good special teams player who is always around the ball. He will carve out a nice career in an Ike Reese type role.

#153 Rickey Elmore DE Arizona - Exactly the spot where Washburn takes ends and turns them into good players. He has the Washburn measureable tall and lean 6ft 5 260lbs and he is a speed rusher.

#227 - Alex Green RB Hawaii - little surprised he was still on the board, with the uncertainity of free agency for Harrison adding another back makes sense.

#237 Tyrod Taylor QB - Is he a QB, is he a WR, is he a running back? That is why he is here in round 7. Take a chance on him maybe he turns into something

#240 Ollie Ogbu DT/DE PSU - 6ft 1 295 - Decent production in college, could probably top out as a pass rushing DT at 305lbs. Give him to Washburn and see what he can do
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!
Working...
X