Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have LB's on our team?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...fl-linebackers

* I feel like we haven't had a linebacker worthy of being mentioned in the top 10 of the league since I've been alive. Trot had some moments and Carlos Emmons was legit, maybe Seth Joyner? Man - we just have had awful LB's.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Bunting, Bergey and Frankie LeMaster were a damn good group on Vermeil's teams. Later, Jerry Robinson.

Byron Evans and Seth Joyner were the bomb, as far as I was concerned. I loved those guys. William Thomas was a pretty good rookie LB on that 91 defense, which I consider to be THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Emmons could lock up a tight end and Trotter could shut down another team's running game in his prime. But that's about it in the past 30 years.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

B&E was one of my favorite all time Eagles but I wouldn't call him a top 10 NFL LB. Sure we've had some nice LB's "at times" but we've never had a legit star that I can recall.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Nice to see you back BP!!

Second, I agree. We have had some awful LB's in this town. It got worse when Reid and JJ took over. IMO we are one away from a pretty good group and hope they can find a guy in the draft since I doubt FA will start on time or at all. I just wish they would take the position a little more seriously.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Bill Bergey was a monster. Best Eagles' LB in the past 35 years, IMO.
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

You'd have to go back to William Thomas to find an Eagles LB who was very good for a long time. Trotter was up there but only really had what, two good years?

Comment

Working...
            X