No announcement yet.

OT: Bin Laden is Dead!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leif, if those kids don't see what he's done then nothing we do would have made a difference. People are saying that Al Qaeda will somehow use this as a rallying point - and that's just plain wrong. They are constantly trying to kill Americans and bin Laden's death won't help them at all. They tried to blow up planes last fall in a test for another attack on us. They tried to blow up a car in Times Square last year. They tried to blow up a plane with the shoe bomber on Christmas. They tried to bring in chemical weapons through Canada a few years ago. All of these attempts to kill American on US soil happened in the last 3-4 years. They're already attacking us. Killing bin Laden won't alter that at all. (By the way, my sister-in-law worked at the State department and then at Home Land Security for about 8 years as a Senior Analyst. She has told me that the attempts that terrorists make within our borders happens almost daily. You won't hear about 99.9% of them but terrorists are trying to kill Americans constantly and we have been far more successful that you can imagine at preventing them. It's the ones they miss - like the shoe bomber - that you hear about. )

If anything they'll see that American resolve is longer than they can imagine. Nearly 10 years later, after hiding in a military compound, a small team of special ops people found him and killed him. There really is no place to hide and no limit to how long we'll look for you. THAT is the message this will send.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Now this is a good looking website!! I bet whoever typed the "Deceased" label really enjoyed it!!

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        For the most part you are right, but what about the young Muslim children that are today being told how the evil Americans came and murdered their hero? If just one of them could have been shown the truth that the world rightfully despised Osama Bin Laden, wouldn't that be worth it?
        I'm too cynical for my own good but no true believers were gonna be shown the truth. And certainly none of their children. Indoctrination is a terrible thing.

There are still little kids in America who are brought up to think black people are an inferior species. And for the most part, they'll pass that on to their children.

Originally posted by Jukin View Post

If anything they'll see that American resolve is longer than they can imagine. Nearly 10 years later, after hiding in a military compound, a small team of special ops people found him and killed him. There really is no place to hide and no limit to how long we'll look for you. THAT is the message this will send.
        Unfortunately, that message won't make any difference. They'll just keep trying to kill Americans. Still, all in all, I'm happy that bastard is dead either way.
        Last edited by sfphillyfan; 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Shot that fucker right in the head. Good riddance to one of the world's greatest piece of shit.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            Now this is a good looking website!! I bet whoever typed the "Deceased" label really enjoyed it!!

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists
            Got that right!
            E A G L E S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Runyan Describes Bin Laden Photos

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...n-laden-photos

Runyan Describes Bin Laden Photos

Former Philadelphia Eagles star Jon Runyan is one of the few people in Congress to see the Osama Bin Laden death photos.

“It's pretty gruesome sight,” Runyan told Fox 29 on Thursday.

Runyan is a member of the House Committee On Armed Services and that's why he got to see the photos.

Runyan told us the photos are X-rated and not really fit for public viewing.
              He backs President Barack Obama all the way in his decision not to release the pictures to the public.

Runyan echoes what many counterterrorism experts have said that the photos’ release would inflame terrorists.

"I don't know if it's in the best interest of what we're trying to do now with our war on terror, to really allow this to be out in the public. As we see, things like this they get leaked over time,” Runyan said.

“Eventually I think eventually the administration will turn them over and let the families see them but i don’t think it's in the best interest in moving forward in this war on terror that we're fighting."

Runyan said the photos were clearly marked with forensic items.

"The distance between your lip and nose and your eyebrow, all that was on the photo, so that was how they first confirmed his identity so that was the first step in the process so that was the big question and then watching the procedure where they had him wrapped and ready for burial at sea they had those photos in there also,” Runyan said.

Comment

Working...
              X