i bought an ipad finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bought an ipad finally

and i have to say it kind of sucks. i didnt think this no flash would be a big deal but it is a HUGE deal. you cant do anything out on the web without flash

steve jobs is pretty much a dick
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Yeah I use my Ipod all the time (as evident from the numder of typos in my posts!) and not having flash does indeed suck!! It pisses me off that they refuse to allow people to modify or customize their Ipods or Ipads without voiding the warranty. This is a big reason I'm not an Apple guy.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I have a running, good natured debate with my daughter and son-in-law over Apple products. On principle, I refuse to buy any Apple products solely because of the arrogance and condescension that starts with Jobs and attaches to almost everything associated with the Apple brand.

The bad part for me is that I deprive myself of some well designed if overpriced devices and either go without or buy a competitors device that isn't as good or as well supported as the Apple.

The good part for me is that I don't beat myself up for allowing that smug prick Jobs to fuck me around with his company's frequent arbitrary and high handed practices.

In the end, I'm managing to survive with neither an Ipad or an Iphone!

Comment

My dad got one, then my mom, then my wife, then my sister, then my mother-in-law, then my sister-in-law. They are constantly playing.....SCRABBLE. They all got the highest priced one, too. $700 x 6 = $4200 so that they can all play Scrabble against each other remotely. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          and i have to say it kind of sucks. i didnt think this no flash would be a big deal but it is a HUGE deal. you cant do anything out on the web without flash

steve jobs is pretty much a dick
          Get the Iswifter app. You can see flash with it (sort off). Basically its a Chinese app that translate a flash website your using to something the the IPad can read. Weird but it works

Comment

thanks green. it is like 2000 degrees in kc yesterday and i am in the basement trying to do some searching for kids stuff and halh the sites wont work..... frustrating
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I have an iPad and iPad 2 and I love them. Barely ever use my laptops or home PC anymore

Flash is an issue on some sites....but many have adapted. the Eagles site is definitley one you get porked on, unless you use the wireless Eagles site for video

Comment

Just like there are Android phones out there better than the iphone, there are also better Android based tablets than the iPad.

I'm kind of locked into the iPod though since I have a bunch of songs from the iTunes store.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Bought my IPAD2 about six weeks ago and love it, its great for checking out sports headlines quickly and such, reading books etc. However, when I need to do heavy duty work, I still go back and sit in front of the PC. Still need to have that keyboard and mouse
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    Bought my IPAD2 about six weeks ago and love it, its great for checking out sports headlines quickly and such, reading books etc. However, when I need to do heavy duty work, I still go back and sit in front of the PC. Still need to have that keyboard and mouse
                    I don't have an iPad yet, but the keyboard attachment seems to work pretty well. A guy I work with has one.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                      Just like there are Android phones out there better than the iphone, there are also better Android based tablets than the iPad.

I'm kind of locked into the iPod though since I have a bunch of songs from the iTunes store.
                      Spotify
                      Long Live Section 736

Comment

Working...
                      X