Back to the O'Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the O'Wells

Reggie Wells is back in Philadelphia as the Eagles have re-signed the offensive lineman who was originally acquired by the team from the Arizona Cardinals last September in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick.

Wells (6-4, 31 played eight games for the Eagles in 2010, including one start. Prior to that, Wells had amassed 90 total starts in seven seasons, including 16 starts each in 2004 and 2006-2009.

The Eagles made two other moves Saturday morning, waiving wide receiver Brandon Caleb and defensive tackle Charlie Noonan.

....They can't have any real intentions for Wells, can they? I didn't think so.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Thank God they didn't bring any LBers in! We're so deep there the quality backers are tripping over one another.

Comment

tino - i hear we're pursuing a trade for another pro bowl CB just in case the league goes to a 4 wide formation on every play. It's forward thinking, really.

Comment

Well I hope Wells can play MLB because he sure as shit can't play guard.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Well, Andy's thought is: "If I can turn an Offensive Line coach into a Defensive Coordinator, how hard can it be to turn on Offensive Tackle into a Middle Linebacker?"
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
            Well, Andy's thought is: "If I can turn an Offensive Line coach into a Defensive Coordinator, how hard can it be to turn on Offensive Tackle into a Middle Linebacker?"
            Wells is too big to be our MLB. We're gonna promote Henry or Henery because he told Reid that he's always been a linebacker at heart.

Fresh - i changed the title for you as this is what you'll be saying when Casey Matthews gets run over for the 159th time.

Comment

Jeremy Bloom has put on a lot of weight since he stopped competitive skiing. I'll bet he'd make an even better MLB than he did a punt returner.

THEN:

NOW:

Comment

tino, I asked you never to post that picture of stevemc.

Comment

If Howard Mudd makes Wells a useful player, that's another strike againsr Castillo in my book.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Apparently the plan is to put Wells at RT?!?! Wow.

Andy's press conference also made it sound like Winston Justice was still having problems with the outside of his knee, and didn't make it sound like was as close to playing as it appeared a week ago.

Comment

Per RotoWorld...

Eagles re-signed G/T Reggie Wells.

Wells generated light interest on the open market after underperforming in parts of eight games last season. Still just two years removed from being a 16-game starter for the Cardinals, it wouldn't be surprising to see Wells make the team based on his versatility. He can play both guard spots and right tackle.

Comment

Working...
                      X