Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boooo!
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

• It made me think of E60
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Congrats to our American swimmers. Bad ass.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          Congrats to our American swimmers. Bad ass.
          Their stamina over distance amazes me...Phelps in particular at 31 years.

I know you love to swim. Did you swim competitively in HS or college?

Comment

• Nope,purely for the enjoyment and the exercise benefit. But I respect anyone who can excel at it. These people are amazing.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I started swimming at 2. My mother said I was half fish. I just loved being in the water (still do).

When I was young and in really good shape I was a strong swimmer and could do a slow 'crawl' almost indefinitely. But because I kind of taught myself to swim I seriously overlearned some bad habits with kicking and never had any speed.

Use to really piss me off because baseball and football came so naturally but I could NEVER swim with any speed. My younger brother (by 2 years) was also pretty naturally athletic. We were very competitive in a brotherly way.Having 2 years on him, I was a little better at everything....except swimming. I don't think I ever beat him in a race.

Phelps, who amazes me, is about to go off in the 200 medley.
              God! He just won what was supposed to be a tossup by 2 body lengths!
              The guy is simply other worldly.

Best Olympic Swimmer ever!

And in a half hour, he Swims the Butterfly.
              Just amazing!

Comment

• I don't know how old I was when momma started me on swim lessons. Under 5, I'm sure. The wife still calls me the fish. I am more comfortable going the water than I am on land. Its been a blessing thru my cancer battle. Even on my weakest, worst days, just falling into the pool and floating and paddling around a bit, if that is all I have strength to do, makes me feel almost normal for a bit. I'm so thankful that mom gave me that gift as a small child.

Comment

• His lawyers are angling to get this goofy looking little POS out early. After all, 2 whole years would be way too much for killing 4 people.

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                    His lawyers are angling to get this goofy looking little POS out early. After all, 2 whole years would be way too much for killing 4 people.

As the register keeps ringing for the lawyers.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• The Chosen One (Wentz) will bring us to the Promise Land!!

Comment

• Whiz kid's little bro?

Comment

• We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• I have one.

Comment

• We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X