Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    You gotta know how to ask for it.
    Then you must know your way around massage parlors too!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      Then you must know your way around massage parlors too!

Step 1: look down
      Step 2: "Do you think you could supersize that?"
      optional Step 3: ignore laughing

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        Juk,

Until yesterday, we haven't been home in upstate NY for Thanksgiving (and Black Friday) in some years. There was nothing of interest to us in any of the Black Friday ads and even had there been, neither my wife nor I would have had any interest in jostling with the frenzied mobs.

We were, however , interested in what kinds of crowds would gather at the local Big Box retailers as early as 8 PM. The largest crowds were at Best Buy and Toys R Us. Unbelievable! Thousands of people in line at 8:15 PM in 25 degree weather.

Now I like a bargain as much as most people...but there is a question I would ask myself before standing in line for hours in freezing temps while awaiting the opportunity mix it up with an unpredictable mob in quest of a prize only available 'while supplies last': How much is my time and dignity worth?

Having said that, I suspect some people do the Black Friday thing more for kicks than for bargains...like the running of the bulls.

OH yeah! Fuck the Cowboys!
        I avoid Black Friday like the plague but this year my wife asked (really not a request but a demand) that I go get our kids these IPod touches that were on sale at Target. So, figuring that getting harassed by strangers in madhouse was better than listening to my wife escalation of the request, I left the house at 10am to hit the local Target.

Contrary to my expectations, it was a breeze. The cabinet was wiped clean of apple products but I asked one of the multitude of employees if they had any. Of course he said just go wait in line at the electronics section and they have them there. Fearing the worst, I looked to where he pointed. Just 4 people in line. 20 minutes later I walked out with two cheap IPod touches for my kids. Overall 30 minutes.

What I didn't do correctly was I went right home. I should have stayed out for 2 hours and come back disheveled with some stories from hell about fighting with other shoppers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
          I avoid Black Friday like the plague but this year my wife asked (really not a request but a demand) that I go get our kids these IPod touches that were on sale at Target. So, figuring that getting harassed by strangers in madhouse was better than listening to my wife escalation of the request, I left the house at 10am to hit the local Target.

Contrary to my expectations, it was a breeze. The cabinet was wiped clean of apple products but I asked one of the multitude of employees if they had any. Of course he said just go wait in line at the electronics section and they have them there. Fearing the worst, I looked to where he pointed. Just 4 people in line. 20 minutes later I walked out with two cheap IPod touches for my kids. Overall 30 minutes.

What I didn't do correctly was I went right home. I should have stayed out for 2 hours and come back disheveled with some stories from hell about fighting with other shoppers etc.
          A missed opportunity! "Honey, I got hit with pepper spray!"

Comment

Naw....

"Honey, I got attacked at Walmart!. The doctor says the only way for me to recover from the trauma is daily BJ's!"
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              Naw....

"Honey, I got attacked at Walmart!. The doctor says the only way for me to recover from the trauma is daily BJ's!"

I think you have to be more specific than that Fresh or else you're likely to end up shopping everyday at
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                I think you have to be more specific than that Fresh or else you're likely to end up shopping everyday at
                I naturally assumed the Doc was a Cigar Club member and was recommending giving daily BJs!

Comment

There's still hope. They're working on Vick. Warm up Vince Young!

Comment

I wish we had Aaron Rogers.

Comment

• There are some days when I think Kenny Rodgers would be an upgrade!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        There are some days when I think Kenny Rodgers would be an upgrade!
                        Hell, I'll take Mister Rodgers!
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• what in the world is Michael Irvin wearing?

Comment

• Finished the wifes shopping today and I just gotta ask. Doesn't anyone in America speak english ? I swear it was an even 50/50 split. Now I don't begrudge anyone their opportunity to come to the US and make a better life for themselves,but learn the fucking language instead of screaming at the Walmart employee making 8 bucks an hr because he didn't go to college and learn a half dozen different languages. Hell HE barely knows english.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• your first mistake was going to walmart.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                                your first mistake was going to walmart.
                                Your second mistake was going to a Walmart in Tijuana.

Comment

Working...
                                X