Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you take a pic for peopleofwalmart.com?

Comment

MM that's funny and true.

Comment

Great stuff, MM. As someone that prides himself on staying in shape.......and of flat out just HAVING a little pride in my appearance, fat people really bug me too. No discipline, and I just see L A Z Y.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The wife is off Xmas shopping.I'll stick to internet shopping.I hate malls/stores.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            The wife is off Xmas shopping.I'll stick to internet shopping.I hate malls/stores.
            I don't know why you'd pass up a chance to share the holiday spirit with your friends and neighbors. Black Friday always brings out the very best in people. While I haven't yet heard of anyone being trampled to death this year, my wife just informed me of 2 Walmart 'happenings' from late last night's Black Friday get-togethers:

- a California woman pepper sprayed 20 other Walmart customers to keep them away from her 'bargain'

- at our local Walmart Supercenter, a fight broke out over 'line cutting' and 3 people were hospitalized.

This is just the sort of human interaction that always gave old Sam Walton the warm fuzzies.

Comment

tino, I absolutely LOVE this time of year. I haven't been able to go out on Black Friday in a long time because we're always in Virginia in the middle of nowhere. But if I had the chance I'd absolutely head to the mall at midnight on Thanksgiving. Every year I leave at least 1 small gift for Christmas Eve. I'm telling you, there's nothing like watching two idiots try to kill each other over an ugly p-o-s sweater that they'd never wear themselves. Talk about entertaining! "This stuff is gold Jerry. Gold I tell you."
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

my wife was trying to get us a 42" Vizio for the bedroom,but the loonies had the entire electronics section packed and blocked off 3 hrs before the sale on Samsung TVs started. My youngest son sat at Cabellas in Hamburg,Pa from 11:00 lastnight till they opened this morning cuz the first 800 people had a chance to win a rifle,gift cards and fleece hoodies.FUCK THAT !!!They should have taken the gas money and bought a scratch off lottery ticket.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Juk,

Until yesterday, we haven't been home in upstate NY for Thanksgiving (and Black Friday) in some years. There was nothing of interest to us in any of the Black Friday ads and even had there been, neither my wife nor I would have had any interest in jostling with the frenzied mobs.

We were, however , interested in what kinds of crowds would gather at the local Big Box retailers as early as 8 PM. The largest crowds were at Best Buy and Toys R Us. Unbelievable! Thousands of people in line at 8:15 PM in 25 degree weather.

Now I like a bargain as much as most people...but there is a question I would ask myself before standing in line for hours in freezing temps while awaiting the opportunity mix it up with an unpredictable mob in quest of a prize only available 'while supplies last': How much is my time and dignity worth?

Having said that, I suspect some people do the Black Friday thing more for kicks than for bargains...like the running of the bulls.

OH yeah! Fuck the Cowboys!

Comment

I got raped at Walmart last night.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      Wow! I didn't see that offering in their circular.

Comment

Is it really considered rape when you tell the fat guy dressed like Santa to "stick it up your ass?" ... and he does? Looks like Vin is joining Blitz and Fresh in the cigar club. They have a whole different meaning to "membership drive" -- but it appears to be pretty effective.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The early bird gets the 'worm'!

Comment

did you take a pic for peopleofwalmart.com?
                            Last edited by musicman; 11-25-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                              Wow! I didn't see that offering in their circular.
                              You gotta know how to ask for it.

Comment

You gotta know how to ask for it.

Clean up in aisle 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X