Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
    I might be getting old, I might be getting cabin fever or I might just be an asshole or (D) all of the above, but I really wanted to punch someone today till I either had a heart attack from the effort or until their skull was a mass of bloody pulp. It's snowing here , AGAIN . I drove to the local farmers market to buy some veggies as I am now on a diet. Parking spaces were at a premium. I stopped to allow a gentleman to back out of his stall. Sitting there with my turn signal blinking. The gentleman backs out, turning towards my car. Some douchebag coming from the other direction wips in and steals my spot. Having already been in 2 near collisions on the way to the market due to unintelligent , non driving dickheads, the fuse was already lit. I jumped from the car and said "excuse me" , only to be cut off with a "no habla ingles" and a hand wave. So right or wrong( I believe wrong) I countered with yo comprendo Assholio, dicko,fuckwadio(or something like that,I momentarily lost my mind) ! Well now the wife is pissed and it's doubtful I get "lucky" tonight. I was not too pissed till I got the wave off, then I went to another place. Don't know if it's me, but people have become rotten to the core. Rude and impatient with a dose of obnoxious.
    It's not just the immigrants. The society as a whole is becoming increasingly self absorbed and uncivilized. I am generally a very polite and courteous driver. If traffic is slow and steady approaching a light or stop sign and someone is trying to enter from a side street or parking lot, 99 times out of 100 I will stop and signal them to enter. If I'm in the passing lane and am overtaking someone is stuck in the driving lane and trying to enter the passing lane, I will generally signal them to enter in front of me. I try always to be aware of and stop for pedestrians who are trying to cross, even it's there is no designated cross walk. Generally, I just try to put myself in the other person's place.

But I also have a dangerously short fuse with people who are blatantly rude or discourteous. I was never a 'tough guy' and I haven't been in a fight since I was in the Army...the Civil War I think. But I have a temper and a big mouth. I would have been in that fool's face big time. At the very least, his car would have been somewhat modified physically when he returned to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Fvck Kanye West.
      They need to give Afroman a grammy over Beyonce, so he can knock the crap out of Kanye when he comes on stage to protest.

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        It's not just the immigrants. The society as a whole is becoming increasingly self absorbed and uncivilized. I am generally a very polite and courteous driver. If traffic is slow and steady approaching a light or stop sign and someone is trying to enter from a side street or parking lot, 99 times out of 100 I will stop and signal them to enter. If I'm in the passing lane and am overtaking someone is stuck in the driving lane and trying to enter the passing lane, I will generally signal them to enter in front of me. I try always to be aware of and stop for pedestrians who are trying to cross, even it's there is no designated cross walk. Generally, I just try to put myself in the other person's place.

But I also have a dangerously short fuse with people who are blatantly rude or discourteous. I was never a 'tough guy' and I haven't been in a fight since I was in the Army...the Civil War I think. But I have a temper and a big mouth. I would have been in that fool's face big time. At the very least, his car would have been somewhat modified physically when he returned to it.
        It's funny, because I have gone the opposite route. It's like Zen or something. I just don't care, and I'm not in a hurry as much as I used to be. I think getting a GPS had a lot to do with it. Because, you look at your time of arrival, and it says 11:15, and you're going to be late, so you drive like a goddamned maniac to get there at 11:13. I was like, 'what's the fucking point?' I still get a little angry at poor drivers, but nothing like it used to be.

Comment

• pretty cool

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
            pretty cool

Are those up in your lodge MM?
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• no, but I want to make a pair
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Ok.....what the hell is it?
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Ok.....what the hell is it?
                  corn hole game (get the jokes out of the way)
                  you drink beer and try to throw bean bags through the hole from a distance(which I forget)

Comment

• Last year when we had a family get together in WW Crest my brother had a set of those and we had corn hole tourneys going all week (with the appropriate beers)
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

• beer is right there in the rules of the game, I'm almost positive

Comment

• Bowling, curling, corn hole---all are beer drinking games
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

• http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Good one!! And scary too.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• I'm still pissed that Djax is gone.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• we have 2 bald eagles in one of our quarries . I made a comment that I haven't seen them in a while. One of my guys rather quickly stated " Chip traded them." Sorry, thought that it was funny.
                                Last edited by musicman; 03-20-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X