(OT) NBA,Do You Care ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) NBA,Do You Care ?

Someone is giving these guys some pretty bad advice.I haven't heard one person say they give a fuck if these guys don't play.IMO it's a shitty league with a shitty system in place with the worlds largest group of athletic primadonas and I could care less if they play or not.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Don't care, the NBA lost me as a fan a long time ago.

Comment

The NB what?

Comment

I'm just curious about this. Personally, if they never played another game again I couldn't care less. But if you sign these guys to guaranteed contracts and then lock them out don't you still have to pay them? Sounds like a breach to me, but then again I'm not the brightest bulb in the circuit.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I honestly hope they cancel the season. I haven't been a basketball fan since the early 90's but I will watch a game occasionally.The NBA has created a horrible league with a bunch of prima donna thugs who haven't got a clue about the realities of life. The players and the owners all need a reality check and shutting it down, stripping it to the core and rebuilding it is the only way they will create a league that will work in my opinion.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

Comment

as a huge kansas bball fan i hope the nba eats itself and goes away forever. back in the 80s dominique, jordan, bid, magic.... that was awesome. now it sucks. locally... do you guys think marcus and markieff morris wish they would have stayed in college now
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              as a huge kansas bball fan i hope the nba eats itself and goes away forever. back in the 80s dominique, jordan, bid, magic.... that was awesome. now it sucks. locally... do you guys think marcus and markieff morris wish they would have stayed in college now
              the only concern I have with the NBA not being around is what it might do to college basketball. Of course there will be an NBA and this is a moot point but if it was gone, it would change college basketball immensely. Then again, maybe it gets college kids the ability to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                the only concern I have with the NBA not being around is what it might do to college basketball. Of course there will be an NBA and this is a moot point but if it was gone, it would change college basketball immensely. Then again, maybe it gets college kids the ability to get paid.
                Steve, I think it would change college basketball for the better. Players would be forced to stay in school longer and the quality of play would probably improve. They could reinstate the freshman-ineligible rule and attention for the players (and fans) might tilt a little toward the academic aspect of college life.
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I love the labor issues in the NBA because then there's no NBA. Basketball just gets in the way of better sports.

Comment

As for the NBA, don't care.
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Don't care. The money has gotten offensive and the league is boring to watch with no intensity and sense of urgency. If I am gonna watch a game; it will be college and it will be a team that plays team ball.

Comment

Nobody cares. According to a recent poll, like 12% actually care. another 12 can't decide and 75% couldn't give a rat's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                          Steve, I think it would change college basketball for the better. Players would be forced to stay in school longer and the quality of play would probably improve. They could reinstate the freshman-ineligible rule and attention for the players (and fans) might tilt a little toward the academic aspect of college life.
                          It could go either way in my mind stock. I see what you are saying but it could also lead to:
                          - inner city kids could transition to a sport that they actually have a future in
                          - the recruiting scandals could get worse as there will be even greater pressure for families to cash in at the college level
                          -the quality could actually lessen because schools turn away from kids they know will not graduate and won't leave early for the NBA which would impact their graduation rates, prestige, etc.

It would be interesting. I feel bad for the kids that went from the NCAA and into the draft this year. I'd bet a bunch of them flock to Europe very soon.

Comment

I hate the NBA so much. Bunch of gangster, me first, overpaid idiots. I love hoops. Love hoops. But the freaking NBA is a mess and I can't stand how these guaranteed contracts make the players lazy and bloated.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                              I hate the NBA so much. Bunch of gangster, me first, overpaid idiots. I love hoops. Love hoops. But the freaking NBA is a mess and I can't stand how these guaranteed contracts make the players lazy and bloated.

I'm in the same boat. I hope there's no season so they can correct this league. I'm not fan of David Stern but they need to have like a 1/2 buyout clause in every contract or something. It's ridiculous to have no revenue and yet have guaranteed contracts for the bloat.
                              Last edited by sfphillyfan; 11-15-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X