Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson's taunting foul

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But why wasn't it a dead ball foul? I think the refs screwed that one up.

Yeah, we were discussing this in the GDT.

It was a dead ball foul. Very odd and nobody on NBC even thought it was curious?

Comment

http://static.nfl.com/static/content..._Rule_Book.pdf

From Rule 14:
      FOUL AND DEAD BALL FOUL
      Article 9
      If there has been a foul by either team during a down and there is a dead ball foul by the other team in the action immediately after the end of the down, it is a double foul, and all rules for enforcement of double fouls apply (see 14-3-1).

Exception 1: If the scoring team commits a dead ball foul after a score, the score counts, and the penalty is enforced on the kickoff.
      Exception 2: If there is a “5 vs. 15” double foul (see 14-3-1-Exc. 1) on the last play of a half, and the major foul is a dead ball personal foul by either team, the penalty yardage will be enforced on the second half kickoff or the kickoff to start overtime. If the dead ball foul is unsportsmanlike conduct or taunting, the penalty yardage will not be enforced. In either case there will be no extension of the period.
      So DeSean needs to score before he taunts, or at least make sure the other team hasn't committed a penalty as well before he does.

Love the guy, but you gotta figure this sort of thing will only get worse after he gets paid. I was hoping he'd grow out of it, but now I'm thinking it will just get worse as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
        Love the guy, but you gotta figure this sort of thing will only get worse after he gets paid. I was hoping he'd grow out of it, but now I'm thinking it will just get worse as time goes on.

Unfortunately, one part team player and one part selfish, childish, asshole.

Comment

What is kinda funny to me is that last night, Desean looked FAST again. It makes you REALLY wonder if he has been loafing all season. He had a bit of a chip on his shoulder last night and he was out to prove something, and miraculously he resembles the player we have been missing. Hmmmmm.......
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yes, as dumb as it is, it appears they got the call correct. And Jackson is an a-hole. What the hell was that about?

Comment

So if the Giants didn't have a penalty then what would have happened?
              Would the penalty have been marked off after the yard gained?

In essence, the Giants benefitted from having a penalty. It makes no sense. They need to change the rule.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Very nice work Fair Oaks.

Comment

That's a dumb rule. They should just enforce the dead ball foul after the play and initial foul are worked out.

Comment

Working...
                  X