(OT) Anyone Own a Vizio ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Anyone Own a Vizio ?

I'm looking at a 42" Vizio and really like the picture,was hoping some of my Eagle brethren might have an opinion. It's selling for $548 and my daughters husband is a Walmart manager and they get a 10% discount.Any thoughts ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

The thing you want to be careful about is that WalMart prices are so low because the manufacturers in China use subpar parts to meet their prices.
    Im really wary about buying any high-end electronics (other than Apple) from there.

Comment

I've heard good things about Vizio products. But with any major electronics, sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

Comment

I don't own a Vizio, but I have always heard good things about them. Vizio may not make the best TV, but they provide good value - a good TV at a low price point.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Anybody that I know that has bought a Vizio is happy with it. I might suggest that you buy your electronics at Costco though. First, you have 60 days to bring it back and you only need to say "I don't like it" and there is no problem. On top of that, they double the warranty that is on the box. So if it's 1 year, you get 2. 2 years, you get 4 etc. That's huge when you buy these things. And you can just bring it back to them instead of mailing it to the manufacturer. I don't think that you can do that at Walmart.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'll echo what E60 says. I have friends who have brought large purchases back to Costco and gotten replacements with no questions asked.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Vizio's have a nice picture but their features suck if that makes any sense.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

the only features I really need are on,off and the ability to change channels.The picture looks great,I thought of going with Sony,but I don't want to spend a ton on a glorified nightlite in the bedroom.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I own a 47" Sony Bravia, which has a great picture,but don't want to spend Bravia type money. The Vizio picture really stood out . Thanks to all for the opinions.

Comment

I own 2 Vizios (1 in our bedroom, 1 on the screened in porch outside) & am very pleased. In fact ,I went 720 on both. Sony Bravia in the living room is 1080 as is the LG in the Eagles Nest. Looked at LG, Vizio, & Sony side by side and didn't see any difference. BTW I paid $350 for both 32" Vizios at Walmart & have had no problems.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Thanks j-bird,the Vizio I'm looking at is 1080 and to pick it up in 42" for under $500,I think the deal is a good one.I'm losing my eyesight as I approach 50,I don't wear my reading glasses to bed,so I wanna go 40+ so I can see.Trying to read the TV schedule is a challenge .

Comment

Working...
                      X