Have you ever????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever????

Have you ever seen our defense so completely befuddled and disorganized and overmatched as what we saw yesterday? With all of this "talent"???? How many times were NE receivers running free inour secondary, behind safeties, playing way off from receivers that you know we should jam. We needed to do SOMETHING to disrupt the rythm that offense was in. But no, we just rush four and play soft coverage and let Brady absolute dissect us in the most embarrassing manner possible. HOW DID WE GET HERE????

I can't help but think what JJ could have done with this group(And I bet you he would have thrown a freaking fit before letting this organization let Brian Dawkins walk with out at a minimum making a REAL HARD push for him and making sure he know how much he was valued here (FAIL!)) I am so sick of the deer in the headlights expressions on Juans face, and that of his players. We look totally unprepared for what we face when what we are doing isn't working, and it just friggin snowballs. D you want to know why teams have been kicking our asses in the 4th quarter all season? It's because they have coaches, and we have Juan Fucking Castillo!!!!

What I wouldn't give to have JJ(RIP) back. Since that is not possible, and can only pray that we will hire a defensive coordinator with the experience and the backbone necessary to run the whole defensive side of the ball WITHOUT ADDITIONAL INPUT as JJ did for so many years. Seeing Juan going up the Reid for assistance during the game last night was more than I could bear, or ever stand to see again.

Rant over....................maybe.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Andy's hiring of Castillo was a slap in the face to every defensive coordinator in the game. It basically told them that your job is so easy that I can bring in a guy with zippo experience and he can perform all of your functions with little or no training.

Well, guess what??? All of the assumptions that went into the hiring of Juan Castillo were wrong! Being a defensive coordinator involves a lot more than lining up people and running the same defense play-after-play and then jumping around like a madman when things work out right (as they seldom do)!

Ever since JJ left, there has been a complete vacuum in the drafting, teaching, handling, planning, scheming, etc. on the defensive side of the ball. There needs to be a complete overhaul from the front office all the way down to the sidelines and the field. Defenses win championships, and we are far, far away from having a credible defense - let alone a championship caliber one.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I'm convinced it was the Weasel who fired Dawk. I'm also convinced God couldn't win with our safeties. Marty M is horrible. Believe it or not, again the moron pulled a guard in pass protection on the 4th down play on the goal line. Washburn went after him on the sidelines for his pass happy BS in the first half. And for all of you guys that are dreaming that Spagnano might be available, after watching his clock management at the end of his game in a losing effort it's clear that he learned from Reid. We're screwed.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

You know we didn't "fire" Dawk. What we did was have a lackey talk with Dawk's agent, and then after we hear that he had gotten a decent offer from the Broncos, we gave Brian a little pat on the head, and said "that sounds like a REAL NICE offer, enjoy Denver while we go on about being the "Gold Standard"."

I hate these fuckheads for doing this to my team.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

This isn't limited to the D side of the ball. We do not adjust in any phase of the game. We will do what we are going to do. If it fails, we keep doing it. Over and over. It's not necessary to adjust when the game plan week in and week out is "perfect". Reid just needs to game plan to put the players into a better position. No need to ever adjust on the fly. His act is old. It's time for him to go. With coaching, I think this team could be good.

They need some LB's and S's. I could live with both of the lines. I think the O line could be really good. The Eagles will live with Vick, no getting around it. McCoy is awesome. I always liked Schmitt, but it's hard to say if he is good anymore as he never sees the field. Send D Jax with Andy, Juan, and VY. Draft Defense early and often. Not undersized, have potential, work out warriors, but real players that perform in college. They need to keep the CB's, 2 of them anyway. Maybe with some talent around them, they will perform. Right now, they also look like a waste.

Comment

Our entire team is a fucking bunch of pussies except for like 3-4 players.

This is what you get when you stick to "formulas" and sabermetrics for football. They looked at their little formula and saw that Dawk was over the hill and how much he was worth. But they never realized how much in heart and soul. So what you have is a defense lacking any heart. Would Dawkins at his age make this unit elite with JC at the helm? Of course not. But at least they wouldn't be an embarrassment to Eagles fans.

That being said, how many times yesterday dd you see our linebackers and safeties running around looking like chickens with their heads cut off? That's just poor scheming. They were always in react mode instead of attack mode. That's what you get when you hire an offensive line coach to be your DC. Andy deserves every single bit of this humiliation for being so fucking arrogant. His masterstroke of hiring JC has taken another season of Eagles football away from us.
            Last edited by sfphillyfan; 11-28-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

"That's what you get when you hire an offensive line coach to be your DC." - Not just an offensive line coach. An offensive line coach who is accustomed to having his players on the retreat, stepping backwards instead of forwards.

Comment

I almost fell asleep during the game yesterday, that is how BORING we have become.......

Comment

Originally posted by chickyoung View Post
                  I almost fell asleep during the game yesterday, that is how BORING we have become.......
                  I wonder how closely the FO looks at tv ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    I think they received the message by the count of empty seats in the third quarter!
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

We should have a sex out for the remaining games.Grab your partner and give them the same kind of pounding the Eagles are getting.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                        I think they received the message by the count of empty seats in the third quarter!
                        Do we have another national game? Mass exodus at halftime would be a message even Lurie couldn't ignore.

Comment

One of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen. Completely unprepared in every way, shape, and form. Hanson 1 on 1 with Welker with no bump at the line, in space? Nate Allen was horrific. Numerous mix ups in coverages, just like it has been all year. Not prepared for no-huddle. Yet Edleman can come in for NE from WR and play corner and not miss assignments. Anyone who thought Castillo would grow on the job, forget it.

Think back to last week, even in a good game, we left Cruz uncovered at a key moment that nearly led to the tying score. And versus AZ we had one corner on two WR's on the winning TD play.

Comment

Agree that we were lucky to have not blown that NYG game with key drops by their receivers. Still the D actually looked like it could play a little in that game .. and then to lay such an enormous, foul-smelling egg yesterday for fans who shelled out probably $500 for 4 people is completely unforgivable.

I'm not a boo-er, but that's what the players should remember the next time they get all sensitive about hearing the boos.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                              Are you guys aware that CBS switched the national audience from the Eagles game to Denver/San Diego early in the 4th quarter because it was such a rout? I hope Jeffy enjoyed being humiliated by his buddy from Mass.

And the defense! There was no pass defense! Castillo's sincere, intense, "I'm working so damn hard here" face is making me puke. I don't know who to be more angry with...Reid for his blind arrogance in giving the job to this clueless tool, or the 'wet back' for having the stupidity for accepting a job for which he is totally unqualified.

It's like the CEO of the local ARC Workshop making mildly retarded little Johnny the organizations' accountant because he'd worked so hard pasting the same labels on the same boxes for the last 10 years.

These 2 together with Marty and that smarmy little ass kissing fuck Howie have ruined my team.

Comment

Working...
                              X