Rate the signings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    Cullen Jenkins 9- I really like this guy and what he brings to the table as a player, and a future leader. Hard to take on that role as a first year guy,but I think he is a natural, and will be a core player for this defense going forward.

Nnamdi- 5. He didn't bring what I expected, tho he didn't outright suck. Considering the investment we made, I can't grade him higher. This could certainly change in future years.

Steve Smith. 1 he could not have brought less to the table unless he actually cost us game....wait a minute.....

Ronnie brown 4 he provided pretty much what he was brought here for. A bigger question to me is why he was ahead of Lewis in the pecking order. Hmmmmm.... Anyway, small investment, small return.

Vince young 2 had a coup,e good moments, but was overall far less capable an I had expected. Minimal investment but...he sucked soooooo bad.

DRC 7 when you consider what we gave up for him and what we paid him, how can you call this a bad signing? I think he is going to be a big part of the future.

Page 3. Nothing to get excited about here. Minal investment for a modest return. He didn't work out, move on.

Evan Mathis 10 considering investment and expectations, this was probably our best deal.

Babin 8 significant investment, but he delivered. Pro bowl, again. And deservedly so. Could be better vs the run, but I just want him to keep doing what he is doing, being a difference maker.
    Fresh, you almost exactly mirror my thoughts on this...I know, scary

DeVan was a 1 as well and I think Harris would have been a 7-8 if he had stayed healthy, but I like Herremans much more at RT so it worked out in the end...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      Jenkins-7 steady
      Nnamdi -5 don't know who to blame,but not what I expected
      Smith-0 cause he provided 0
      Brown- 2 he was adequate as a backup,provided 1 of the seasons worst plays
      Young- -5 worst signing of the year.Everyone knew he was stupid yet he was thrown into the lineup when Vick went down. Athletic ability got him through 1 game .
      DRC-Not a bad signing considering Kolb was and still is concussed and provided less then Smith gave us.
      Page -1 not much good ,mostly provided bad plays
      Mathis- 7 just a solid player,nothing special,just consistantly avg.
      Babin-7 because he's a 1 trick pony,Reggie White was a 10,Babin's barely a pimple on Reggie's ass

MM, as you should be able to tell from my ratings and comments, I was evaluating these from a quality of signing point, not a quality of player necessarily. What did we get for what we gave? Was it a good signing for us? We had some hits, and we had some misses. Babin was certainly a hit.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        MM, as you should be able to tell from my ratings and comments, I was evaluating these from a quality of signing point, not a quality of player necessarily. What did we get for what we gave? Was it a good signing for us? We had some hits, and we had some misses. Babin was certainly a hit.
        Just my thoughts, I noticed a bunch of high scores for Babin. Yes he was good and a good signing,but there's a big portion of his game that is lacking.As for rushing the passer,he's very quick and talented,but he could use a little bit of T.C's abilities for playing the run. I'm not hating,just not loving as much as some.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          Just my thoughts, I noticed a bunch of high scores for Babin. Yes he was good and a good signing,but there's a big portion of his game that is lacking.As for rushing the passer,he's very quick and talented,but he could use a little bit of T.C's abilities for playing the run. I'm not hating,just not loving as much as some.
          I hearya MM. I don't know what score that I would give him, but I know that I love his motor. He was about the only Eagle I could warm up to this season.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Babin far exceeded any hopes I had for him.

Comment

I would add Hunt in as well....picked up from the CFL for nada and came on when given some chances late this season. I'd say 5 with a good potential upside
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Did I miss something this year with our defense? With all these 8's, 9's and 10's flying around I must have.
                Nope. And that was part of the problem with the way they built this team. Pro Football OC's exploit weaknesses. While it's great to have those 8's, 9's and 10's out there on the field, you're still going to get burned a lot of times if you are mixing them in with some 0's, 1's and 2's. Our LB play and Safety play were too often horrible, as we're all painfully aware.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that they were lost, being coached by a guy who had not yet developed a clue.

How many times did you see obvious situations where guys didn't know where to line up, or who to cover? Over and over. That is not a reflection on their talent and abilities.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

the LB at least showed improvement,the first 12 games you saw NOTHING from them .The last 3 games they showed up on the tv screen at least and even on the close ups. Early on,the only time you saw the Lbs was from the blimp shot or the endzone camera as they chase down the ballcarrier. But seriously, the Lbs DID get better as the season wore down.They looked instinctive which happens when someone gets familiar with the game plan.So maybe they can be better,they certainly can't be worse.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X