No announcement yet.

(OT) FRESH is cancer free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump bc no other thread could deserve it more!

Comment

Mike I just got back from Florida and this was my first stop (2nd actually I checked the "Fresh ass kicking" thread on the misc board before coming here.) I can't tell you how happy I am right now! It's after 1:00 and I get up for work at 5 and as exhausted as I am I don't think I'll get much sleep after hearing this news. I literally have tears in my eyes. Awesome job Mike!!

It comes during a special time as my family went to Disney this week as a gift from my in-laws. Both of them went through cancer treatments and had a goal of taking the grandkids to Disney. That was part of their motivation during treatment and this week the goal was achieved! At the same time you get this news!! Awesome Mike - just simply awesome!!!
      Last edited by Jukin; 01-17-2012, 01:19 AM.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The support and encouragement that I have gotten from you and the clan here has been phenomenal. I don't know for certain what got me thru to this point....divine intervention, will, karma, luck?? My doctor said to me that my attitude thru everything was just huge, and if that is the case, then you all deserve a piece of that. I have had the opportunity to share my news with many of my clients and friends over the last couple of days, and I have heard so many stories that didn't turn out so well, where people didn't make it thru or respond to the treatments. Of cases where the cancer spread and they never had a chance. I am just blessed. I know that I am not out of the woods, and that the possibility of the cancer coming back is pretty high. But just to even get to a point of remission 6 months after diagnosis is unbelievable.

I just want to thank everyone for helping to prop me up thru the most challenging time in my life. There were many days that I was not up to getting out in public, and I came to this board every day for a diversion and comraderie that was much needed in a dark period. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Congrats my man. From one cancer survivor to another, I can say that there is nothing like kicking the shit out of cancer. And doing so really helps puts things into perspective. All the best going forward!

Comment

YESSSSSS!!!!

Haven't been around in a while, so I'm late to the party, but this makes me very happy indeed.

Good for you Fresh!!!!

Comment

Great News Fresh!!!
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I haven't been around since the season ended. But, congratulations Fresh on winning your battle ! This is great news to start the day.

Comment

Awesome, Fresh, just awesome!!
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I just came back from a company sales function of about 60-70 people where they surprised me with one of our VP's telling my story, and calling me the strongest and most courageous person he'd ever met (and this is a man who is 62 and recently won his fight vs stage 3 lymphoma) and everyone stood up and applauded me and congratulated me.....it was unreal. They had a cake made up for the occasion with a beach scene on it and palm trees and surfboards.....and silver and green balloons on a string to represent my Eagles! They were just welcoming me back, and it felt great.

What a great way to start the year. And on that note, for a guy who has customarily been a regular top 3 in sales....I'm sitting at #19 for 2012 so far. I have got to go and climb that ladder again. BUT.....I guarantee you that I will do it with a smile on my face. Life is GOOD!
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

#19? Put that coffee down!

Comment

Working...
                      X