Sacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacks

They didn't translate into a whole lot this season. Philly and Minny tied for the lead. They won a total of 11 games.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

This season in general was one where statistics were turned on their ear, especially as it relates to pass defense (with sacks being part of pass defense). Whoever heard of the 3 worst teams in the league on pass defense (Packers, Patriots, Saints) finishing with the 3 of the 4 best records in the league?

The 2011 NFL season was/is a very strange season in some ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      They didn't translate into a whole lot this season. Philly and Minny tied for the lead. They won a total of 11 games.

If Juan Castillo couldve had a longer training camp, those sacks wouldve meant something.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
        This season in general was one where statistics were turned on their ear, especially as it relates to pass defense (with sacks being part of pass defense). Whoever heard of the 3 worst teams in the league on pass defense (Packers, Patriots, Saints) finishing with the 3 of the 4 best records in the league?

The 2011 NFL season was/is a very strange season in some ways.
        Crazy hun Chip? I guess most people like this wide open crap, but I miss those head knocking games. But all pro sports promote scoring, and that will be why the Eagles won't make a move to draft Kuels (sp) from BC at LB. I'm sure Reid will still take the "we'll just blow them out" mentality even though he doesn't have a blow'em out QB.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah, it was really glaring looking at the Pats yesterday. Denver was playing a lot of zone, and nobody was challenging WR/TE at the LOS, nor downfield. Back even in the days of Vincent and Taylor, the corners were allowed to get physical with the receivers and disrupt their routes and timing. Take that away, and a QB like Brady or Manning will absolutely destroy you.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I think the Patriots aren't nearly as good as they looked yesterday. And which shows you how bad the Broncos are.

It's not gonna be a cakewalk for the Patsies in the AFCCG.

Comment

Joe Flacco is sucking up the joint.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                Joe Flacco is sucking up the joint.
                Yeah, but Houston's defense has a lot to do with that. They've played really well.

Comment

Outside of a couple TJ Yates mistakes, I think the Texans defense outplayed the Ravens defense today.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    Outside of a couple TJ Yates mistakes, I think the Texans defense outplayed the Ravens defense today.

I think they did too. TJ Yates was the difference in the game. Not knocking him, he might be alright going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                        Fixed.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X