Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, some good news!

Marty Morhinweg to interview with Raiders for HC vacancy

The Oakland Raiders will be interviewing Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Morhinweg for their head coaching vacancy according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Maybe he'll bring Juan Castillo with him!
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I wish Marty M the best of luck in his interview. I mean that sincerely.

Comment

I wonder if they'll ask him situational questions.

ie) You win the toss in overtime, what do you do?
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          I wonder if they'll ask him situational questions.

ie) You win the toss in overtime, what do you do?
          If it's 4th and an inch do you automatically line up in the shotgun with an empty backfield?
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

All your receivers have broken legs. Do you:

A) Run
            B) Pass

Comment

Lmao....
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Heh, no shit. Funny stuff here.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Your backfield has Jim Brown at fullback and Barry Sanders at tailback running behind the 1982 Redskins O-Line. Your quarterback is Donovan McNabb who is playing with a sports hernia, broken ribs, and torn hamstring.

What is your ideal run/pass ratio?
                  Last edited by rspurr; 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    I wish Marty M the best of luck in his interview. I mean that sincerely.
                    Be careful. This may bring back big brad.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                      Be careful. This may bring back big brad.
                      This could open the door another intriguing senior coaching move from within the ranks. I'm thinking there's another side to Joe Banner's genius just yearning to break free and express itself.

Comment

there's a rumor that if Juan is willing to work 28 hr days, he will be named both OC and DC. Coach Reid stated that in the past 16 months Juan has been on both sides of the ball and thus has a unique perspective and the Birds would be foolish not to take advantage.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

In all seriousness I think this is a sign of the beginning of the end of the Reid era. In his press conference a few weeks ago, Lurie essentially put Reid on notice that he has to have a good year next year (i.e. at least make the playoffs and win 1 game) in order to come back. I think the assistant coaches and coordinators see the writing on the wall and are starting to cultivate opportunities elsewhere.

If Marty Moose leaves I think it's a certainty that the bring back Childress as OC. I also think my worst nightmare is coming true and Castillo will be back as DC - especially if Morhinweg leaves. It would be too much turn over in a 'win or get fired' situation.

I'm really getting angry with Reid right now. I called my Dad from Florida on Saturday fully expecting to hear that the eagles had reached an agreement with Spags. When he told me that they hadn't done anything I knew then that they weren't interested in him. Otherwise they would have made the deal by now. The fact that they haven't even interviewed anyone (at least the media hasn't reported on a single interview that I've heard of) makes me think Reid really thinks Castillo is going to turn things around next year. Is Reid starting to believe his own bullshit? Man sometimes I just want to beat my head against a wall....
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jukin - That's if you believe Lurie at face value. How do you know he didn't leave the conference, go into a meeting with Banner, Howie, and Reid and laugh their asses off.

"That fools gold line was brilliant, Howie... well done! Give yourself a bonus."

Comment

4th and goal from the 1 yard line - you have the best RB in the NFC and the game is on the line

Do you:

a) Run the ball with your All Pro RB
                              b) Run a play action bootleg rollout and have the QB chuck it out of the back of the endzone like a missile
                              c) Run a quick hit counter to the FB
                              d) Give it to your backup washed up RB and have him run into the line - turn around - and throw the ball like a QB to nobody specific
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                              X