No announcement yet.

Mosher says Jason Peters has an Achilles' injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps this is where Assante comes in handy as a trade asset towards a LT? I see a vet as the right answer for this dilemma that we face. Do you see a rook, even a talented one, coming in and facing the best pass rushers in the league on the left side? Remember the Winston Justice debacle? I'd look for a vet that has a couple more good years in the tank, and is closer to game-ready for week one.

This all means, no you do not use a top pick on an OL. You can go ahead and pick one later in the draft that you think could be a good developmental player for Mudd to work with. For no you either sign a vet in FA, or if you can't find one you are satisfied with you look to trade for a decent, serviceable vet.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Charlie Johnson may be available from the Vikings. They're reported to be looking to move him to G and use the #3 pick on Matt Kalil. Johnson was signed last year by the Vikes after he started 15 games as the Colts LT in 2010. He's versatile enough to play multiple spots on the line (both guard and tackle spots) which is obviously something the Eagles like in their O-linemen. Add in the fact that he's familiar with Howard's schemes, will be 28 when the season starts and is physical and athletic and this seems like a viable trading option. He had an injury to his arm last year that they first thought was a torn bicep but later turned out to be less significant and he came back later in the year. Definitely need more info on his injury and how it may have impacted his performance last year but I think it's worth looking at him as a possible year long (maybe longer) replacement for Peterson.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Very interesting Juk. that is the type of pickup I was looking for.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'd really like to know more about him and how he plays. On paper he looks like a perfect fit but I'm not familiar enough with him to know if he would be an upgrade over Bell or McNeil. Anyone have any insights into this guy?

EDIT: I've seen a few posts about him that rip him as a below average LT. He seemed to be effective for the Colts in 2010 so I'm not sure if the issue is learning a new scheme or the injury or a combination of both. Howard Mudd should have a lot to say about this kid. If he likes him then we should be calling the Vikings.
          Last edited by Jukin; 04-02-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            I'd really like to know more about him and how he plays. On paper he looks like a perfect fit but I'm not familiar enough with him to know if he would be an upgrade over Bell or McNeil. Anyone have any insights into this guy?

EDIT: I've seen a few posts about him that rip him as a below average LT. He seemed to be effective for the Colts in 2010 so I'm not sure if the issue is learning a new scheme or the injury or a combination of both. Howard Mudd should have a lot to say about this kid. If he likes him then we should be calling the Vikings.
            The Colts used to have a LT that was terrific (78, I never knew his name) and he was the quickest lineman to get out of his stance that I have ever seen. He retired around 2010, and I remember that the guy who took his place was quick as hell too. I remember thinking that it was too good to be true for the Colts as I watched him. If this is him, I'm all over it.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

well - this may be what you saw Juke -

The Vikings are expected to consider moving LT Charlie Johnson to guard in 2012.
              He sounds open to it. "As long as I'm in the lineup and playing on Sunday and helping this team win it doesn't matter," said Johnson. Johnson is a well below-average left tackle, but was much better at left guard in 2008 with the Colts. Moving Johnson would allow the Vikings to target a blind-side upgrade in the draft or free agency. The Vikes should have a shot at USC LT Matt Kalil with the No. 3 overall pick in April's draft. Jan 2 - 8:19 PM
              Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

Comment

I saw where the Eagles are holding a private tryout for Tannehill today. Wonder if they had that planned BEFORE the Peters injury came to light?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  I saw where the Eagles are holding a private tryout for Tannehill today. Wonder if they had that planned BEFORE the Peters injury came to light?
                  I don't see how Peter's injury effects the draft. There's only one LT that's NFL ready and he's going in the top 5.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Vikes fans (who, like all fans, are generally looking for instant gratification) aren't impressed with Johnson at T and really want Kahlil. However, most would like to see him stay as a G.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Yeah steve that was the thread I read. I want to know more about him especially if this is the guy 60 saw in 2010.

Comment

I think the Birds are going to pull the trigger on this Zebbie Sanders kid from FSU. They haven't talked about him at all but he fits the profile, a good kid from a good program, athletic, but needs some refinement.

He will be available in the mid second round and to me this kid just makes too much sense. They could draft him slide Herremans to the LT spot, slide Mathis out or let Sanders play RT.

It is possible to have rookies play OL at a high level. Tra Thomas did it. Kelce and then Watkins played well last year.

Mudd is a good judge of OL talent.

All this said, I would still like them to sign a veteran like McNeal, who when healthy can play at a good, not great level.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                        X