Remaking The Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaking The Birds

In case you blinked and missed it,AR has put the Birds in position to stay strong and competitive for years to come.
    I was seriously surprised to browse through the roster and find:
    1) 34 rookies/ 1 year players
    2) 14 2nd year players
    3) 12 3rd year
    4) 6 4th year
    5) 6 5th year
    6) 3 6th year
    7) 14 players with over 7 seasons under their belt and of those players all are or are expected to be major contributors this season except Vallos and Edwards.
    Roughly 67 % of the roster is 22-26 years of age and we are once again expecting a pretty good season.
    I've been a bit hard on AR and the gang,but though he has failed miserably in the search for the Lombardi,we've caught a wiff of the thing and should be sniffing around for a while.
    I see enough talent from the 2012 draft class/undrafted FAs that fringe players like Cooper,Fokou,Hall,Hunt and Jordan should be pushed from the roster and we may finally have a 53 man with players that deserve to be collecting an NFL paycheck and a practice squad with players we will hate to lose.Pretty interesting times ahead IMO,it makes the upcoming camps vital to my football Jones and I'm looking forward to them getting underway.
    Once again the green koolaid is flowing and I'm sipping from the cup,let's get it on.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    In case you blinked and missed it,AR has put the Birds in position to stay strong and competitive for years to come.
    I was seriously surprised to browse through the roster and find:
    1) 34 rookies/ 1 year players
    2) 14 2nd year players
    3) 12 3rd year
    4) 6 4th year
    5) 6 5th year
    6) 3 6th year
    7) 14 players with over 7 seasons under their belt and of those players all are or are expected to be major contributors this season except Vallos and Edwards.
    Roughly 67 % of the roster is 22-26 years of age and we are once again expecting a pretty good season.
    I've been a bit hard on AR and the gang,but though he has failed miserably in the search for the Lombardi,we've caught a wiff of the thing and should be sniffing around for a while.
    I see enough talent from the 2012 draft class/undrafted FAs that fringe players like Cooper,Fokou,Hall,Hunt and Jordan should be pushed from the roster and we may finally have a 53 man with players that deserve to be collecting an NFL paycheck and a practice squad with players we will hate to lose.Pretty interesting times ahead IMO,it makes the upcoming camps vital to my football Jones and I'm looking forward to them getting underway.
    Once again the green koolaid is flowing and I'm sipping from the cup,let's get it on.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Agree he started going younger; I think they were the youngest or one of the top youngest teams in the league last year. There is a real possibility they can be a SB factor. But they can also be low end if Vick doesn't play at his very best--he could go either way IMO. Also Allen needs to return to his form/potential; Graham needs to come through although Andy made some moves to protect against Graham sucking; and the LBs need to be better (which I think they will). I'm not too worried about the CBs with Assante gone.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Don't leave out Castillo.

We've got some parts to work with here, on defense certainly as well. It is time to see if the coaches can coach, particularly our DC.

I have thought that one of the main reasons for our general decline is not simply the roster, but the pool of talent in the coaching ranks here. Many coaches under Reid have moved on, and some done very well. Now we will see if Castillo growing, the Bowles addition, along with the mercenaries of Mudd and Washburn can return this to a top rated coaching organization.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post

We've got some parts to work with here, on defense certainly as well. It is time to see if the coaches can coach, particularly our DC.

I have thought that one of the main reasons for our general decline is not simply the roster, but the pool of talent in the coaching ranks here. Many coaches under Reid have moved on, and some done very well. Now we will see if Castillo growing, the Bowles addition, along with the mercenaries of Mudd and Washburn can return this to a top rated coaching organization.
          Bingo! Our LB coaching left with Spags.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Bingo! Our LB coaching left with Spags.
            a little hard to tell here,was it the coaching or were they coaching dogshit ? A well coached pile of shit is still a pile of shit.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

a little hard to tell here,was it the coaching or were they coaching dogshit ? A well coached pile of shit is still a pile of shit.
              lol!

Comment

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Both boss.

In general the Eagles have done an excellent job in the Andy Reid era (and more accurately, the Jeff Lurie era) of turning over their roster to remain competitive, and they deserve a lot of credit for that. The problem IMO has been the players they've brought in haven't been as good as the guys they replaced in many cases, at least on the defensive side of the ball. The Eagles also still really miss Jim Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post

Coaches like Rory Segrest really hurt this organization for several years. But I feel a lot better about this coaching staff with Washburn, Mudd, Bowles, April and Co. It's as good as it's been since they had JJ, Spags, Childress and Harbaugh around here.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                    X